Caribbean Villas Hotel occupies 250 feet of beachfront near San Pedro on a small island off the coast of Belize. While here, you can enjoy ocean views from a freshwater pool or from picnic tables and loungers stationed along a white-sand beach. The hotel also boasts a 300-foot dock where you can catch a scuba-diving charter or go snorkeling (there’s an artificial reef right at the end).
Rentable gear: bicycles (free); kiteboards and catamarans (extra fee)
A room with a view: One-bedroom and lofted suites have 20-foot-wide, covered verandas with views of the Caribbean Sea.
Cocktail hour: A thatched-roof beach bar serves up tropical drinks on a shaded, outdoor patio.
Best snorkeling spot:Hol Chan Marine Reserve harbors young loggerhead sea turtles, nurse sharks, and schools of parrotfish in colorful coral reefs.
Beach bars and boutique shopping in downtown San Pedro, a 10-minute walk from the hotel
Ambergris Caye, Belize: Small Island near World’s Second-Largest Barrier Reef
Recognized by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the World’s Best Islands in 2011, Ambergris Caye sits just off the northeastern coast of mainland Belize. By law, none of the island's buildings can be taller than the highest coco palm, which helps create a serene, unspoiled vibe. The entire island is only about 25 miles long and 1 mile wide, but its varied ecosystems range from low sand ridges to lagoons and mangrove swamps. The caye has seen more development in recent decades, morphing into a popular destination for young people who want to party late into the evening.
In the town of San Pedro, situated on Ambergris’s southern end, you can kick back with a pina colada at a number of indoor-outdoor restaurants with patios overlooking the ocean. Various boutiques and sidewalk vendors stock artisan crafts ranging from ziricote woodcarvings to forks and knives made from conch shells to Guatemalan jewelry.
The entire island is only about 25 miles long and 1 mile wide, but its varied ecosystems range from low sand ridges to lagoons and mangrove swamps. Enlist any one of the tour companies along the main road on the caye to join a snorkeling tour or glass-bottom boat ride at the Belize Barrier Reef, which lies about 10 minutes away. It's part of the second-longest barrier reef in the world and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. The reef shelters a remarkable variety of sea life, including nearly 500 species of fish and rare, massive West Indian manatees that can reach the size of a compact car.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
What You Get
Stay for two in a one-bedroom suite or four in a two-level lofted suite. Click here to see all options.
Included in all options:
Daily breakfast for two or four
Bike rental for two or four
Welcome rum punch drinks for two or four
Round-trip airport shuttle for two or four
Policies and Fees
Book by: 8/1/14
Travel by: 11/15/14
Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations are subject to a 6% handling fee. 60-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price applies; 30-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies.
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? A complimentary shuttle is provided from San Pedro Airport in San Pedro (airport code: SPR) to the Caribbean Villas Hotel. Please contact the hotel with your arrival information.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard occupancy of the one-bedroom suite is 2 adults; however, a third adult can be added for an additional $20. The standard occupancy of the two-level lofted suite is 4 adults; however, a fifth adults can be added for an additional $20.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? No.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are not required at any restaurant and there is no dress code requirements.