Hotel at a Glance: Casa Chameleon Mal Pais
At the 4-star Casa Chameleon Mal Pais, the beauty of Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula is right outside. The adults-only resort’s 10 standalone villas capture the magnificent ocean vistas of Mal País and nearby Santa Teresa with private terraces perched among the trees. Each one has its own plunge pool, creating a feeling of seclusion.
- Included with this deal: All options come with daily breakfast and a selection of daily lunch or dinner.
- Fine dining: Dishes emphasize local and seasonal ingredients prepared in a traditional Costa Rican way.
- Spa treatments including couples massages are performed in guests’ villas.
- Recent award: TripAdvisor’s 2018 Certificate of Excellence
- Sightseeing tips: The staff knows where to hike in privacy, and where to find secret surf breaks and snorkel pools.
Mal País, Costa Rica: Uninterrupted Beauty on the Nicoya Peninsula
The waves that crest along the Nicoya Peninsula are as well known in surfer circles as those found in hot spots such as California, Hawaii, and Australia’s Gold Coast. Thus, the beachside fishing village of Mal País sees its fair share of surfers seeking the next perfect wave. The nearby Playa Carmen beach is a particularly popular spot not just for surfers, but also for scuba divers interested in its gorgeous coral reefs.
Though much of the attention centers on the area’s beaches, there’s plenty of other natural beauty to explore here, too. Cabo Blanco Absolute Natural Reserve stretches across both land and sea, its borders protecting dense forests, howler monkeys, and the coast’s shorebirds and marine life. The park is also home to the sandy Playa Cuevas, which is a favorite with snorkelers. Other means of getting around the area include horses and all-terrain vehicles, which carry visitors on tours.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Tambor Airport (TMU) and is approximately 19 miles or an hour from the property by car. The property offers a round-trip shuttle for $130. Tambor is a local airport for domestic flights and does not service international flights. The best airport to fly into internationally is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two adult guests. The standard and maximum occupancy of villas is two adult guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 888-705-0274.