See Arenal Volcano and Costa Rican Rainforests on 7-Day Tour
The tour includes:
- Transportation from airport to Country Inn & Suites
- 1 night’s lodging at Country Inn & Suites in a standard superior double room
- 2 nights’ lodging at Laguna Lodge Tortuguero in a standard double room
- 3 nights’ lodging at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa in a standard double room
- Ground transportation from San José to Guápiles
- Boat transportation (Guápiles-Tortuguero-Guápiles)
- Ground transportation from Guápiles to Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna
- Tortuguero village tour
- Morning tour of rainforest trail
- Tortuguero Canals and National Park tour
- Horseback-riding tour
- Rainforest zipline tour
- Arenal Volcano tour and natural-history walk
- Entrance to Arenal Hot Springs
- Transportation during all tours
- Six breakfasts (Days 2–7)
- Four lunches (Days 2, 3, 4, and 6)
- Three dinners (Days 2, 3, and 6)
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- WiFi in rooms, lobby, and public areas at Casa Luna Hotel and Country Inn
- Use of security safe
- Welcome drink
- 10% discount at Luna Spa, Luna Grill Restaurant, and on additional activities <p>
Click here to see a full itinerary.
Day 1: San Jose
Once you arrive at Juan Santamaría Airport in Costa Rica, a guide will pick you up and take you to Country Inn & Suites in San José. You’ll have the rest of the day to explore Costa Rica’s capital and largest city. Consider visiting the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, which showcases an impressive collection of gold artifacts, or dropping by the National Museum of Costa Rica, located in a former military fortress.
Days 2–3: Tortuguero
Bright and early on Day 2, Ecoterra staff will pick you up and transport you to Tortuguero National Park in northeast Costa Rica. You’ll enter the park by boat, through its famous canals.
On Day 3, you’ll take a guided tour of the canals and other sections of the park. While staying at the Laguna Lodge Tortuguero, be sure to check out its private hiking trails that meander into the jungle. If you visit before October, be sure to witness the green sea turtle nesting along the beach.
Days 4–7: La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano
The tour heads toward the storied Arenal Volcano on Day 4. You’ll stay at Arenal’s Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, an eco-conscious hotel that features up-close views of the volcano. There’s no set itinerary for the rest of the evening or for Day 5, so feel free to indulge in a mud mask at the onsite spa or explore Arenal’s picturesque landscape.
On Day 6, the adventures kick off early in the morning with a horseback ride through the dense rainforest skirting the base of Arenal Volcano. Perhaps the best way to take in the landscape, though, is from overhead—on an included zipline ride that zooms through the forest canopy. The evening closes with a visit to the 29,000-acre Arenal Volcano National Park, where you’ll see lava rock fields and catch a dazzling sunset.
On Day 7, you’ll relax during a three-hour drive to the Juan Santamaría International Airport in Alajuela, where you’ll catch your return flight.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.