What You Get
- For $79, a one-night weekday stay for two in a room with two queen beds or one king bed ($169 value)
- Or, for $99, a one-night weekend stay for two in a room with two queen beds or one king bed ($199 value)
- A $25 voucher toward a 50-minute massage included in either option
- $25 toward prix fixe meal for two at Castle Hill Resort Restaurant valid Sunday through Thursday
- WiFi fee waived for Groupon customers
Modern Accommodations on Historic Grounds
Nestled near the forests and hills of the surrounding Green Mountains, The Pointe Hotel adds contemporary comforts to the old-world charm of the Castle Hill Resort and Spa in Cavendish, Vermont. Green gardens ensconce stone and wood buildings designed in the English Cotswold style in the secluded hotel, which was constructed at the turn of the 20th century by Vermont governor Allen Miller Fletcher and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Family-friendly modern conveniences meld with lodge-like accents in The Pointe Hotel's recently renovated rooms. The queen room sleeps sojourners on two queen beds draped regally with plush bedding; king rooms don a king bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa. Flat-screen TVs and refrigerators rest amid wooden chairs and earthy tones in all of the well-appointed rooms. When not surfing cable channels or sipping chilled beverages, visitors can marinate in the hotel's heated indoor pool and hot tub or dive for Uruguayan pesos in the outdoor pool during warmer months.
Down in the lobby, leather loveseats and a fireplace embedded in a brick wall create a welcoming atmosphere to rest one's laurels or plan shuttles to nearby seasonal attractions in Ludlow and Okemo Mountain. A front-desk concierge can shepherd visitors to the billiard tables and arcade machines in the game room, or the cardio machines, ellipticals, and Life Fitness circuit machines in the fitness center. Afterward, guests can shed stress with a massage or body scrub in the full-service Aveda Concept spa, set in a historic carriage house.
Okemo Mountain and Ludlow—Where Outdoor Adventures Meet a Quaint New England Town
Located just a short distance from Okemo Mountain and Valley, The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa is well-positioned base for expeditions to the nearby hiking trails. Warmer months find travelers exploring the wooded valleys on horseback, fly-fishing for trophy trout, or treading the rolling bent-grass greens of golf courses such as Okemo Valley Golf Course in Ludlow, one of a handful of challenging golf clubs located a quick drive away. Swimmers flock to the cascading waterscapes of Buttermilk Falls in Okemo State Forest.
Back at the resort, an on-site restaurant greets hungry voyagers with French and American flavors and a seasonal menu in the Castle Hill's majestic dining room. For extracurricular dining, the picturesque, nearby Ludlow possesses a diverse culinary landscape of classic Italian restaurants, Irish pubs, and steakhouses. In between bites and sights, numerous boutiques and antique shops welcome window-shoppers to feast eyes on elegant gifts, wearable wares, and collector's items. Bazaars bustle with local artisans showcasing paintings and crafts, and within 45 minutes of The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort, Manchester Designer Outlets helps shoppers build their hanger collection with labels such as Coach, Armani, and J. Crew.
How to Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Call 888-764-6836 or go here to book.
- Choose a date before November 30, 2011 (excluding dates between October 1-October 15).
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit card info.
- Rooms vary in size and contain one king or two queen beds
- Telephone with voicemail access and complimentary local calls
- Flat-screen television with cable
- Mini fridge and coffeemaker
- Alarm clock, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, and complimentary toiletries
- Check in/Checkout: 3 p.m./11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age: 18
- Shuttle: Available to and from Okemo Mountain during ski season
- Pet policy: Pets allowed in queen rooms for an extra $40 fee per night, with a maximum of two pets per room. Pet rooms are limited, so pet owners should notify the hotel in advance.
- Rollaway: $20 charge; one rollaway maximum per room
- Additional occupants: $15 per adult beyond double occupancy. Extra children under 18 years of age stay free.
- Smoking policy: No smoking inside the property.
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- In-room coffee-and-tea maker
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Promotional value expires Nov 30, 2011. Amount paid never expires.
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts
- Limit 5 per visit
- Not valid 10/1-10/15
- 3-night minimum stay required on 7/16, 7/30, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27, 9/10, and 9/17
- Valid only for king rooms with sofa and double queen rooms
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Pointe Hotel
- Driving: Located right off the VT 103 S in Cavendish, about a two-hour drive from the Bradley Airport. If GPS does not recognize Cavendish, use Proctorsville, with zip code 05153.