Top Reasons to Stay at Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
- The cottages sit directly on the shores of Clear Lake; you’ll have fantastic views of the water from the property’s outdoor fire pit, waterfront cottages, and shaded picnic areas.
- Guests can enjoy several hiking trails with views of the rolling hills of vineyards, redbud trees, and Clear Lake and Mount Konocti.
- Renovations introduced a modern look and feel to the cottages. All have 32-inch flat-screen TVs, free WiFi, and private patios or decks, and many have full kitchens stocked with utensils and dinnerware.
- Many local, small-batch wineries also produce their own olive oil and balsamic vinegar. One of these, Ceàgo Vinegarden, has marina slips available so you can dock a boat and head to the tasting room.
- The lake is a popular spot for swimming, jet skiing, and kayaking; kayak rental is included in all options of this Getaway.
- Local and national bass-fishing tournaments are often held at Clear Lake, California’s largest natural lake. The cottages have a private boat launch, 10 boat slips with plug-ins, and ample trailer parking.
Lake County, California: Wine Destination near California’s Largest Natural Lake
Like its neighbors in the Napa Valley, Lake County is obsessed with wine. The nearby volcano, Mount Konocti, has helped lend a richness to the soil here, which has attracted more than two dozen wineries, many of them small. Some tasting rooms feature wooded ranches; another is a Mediterranean cottage you can access by boat from Clear Lake.
The geothermal activity of Mount Konocti is also said to help create a nutrient-rich environment in local Clear Lake. Partially due to this phenomenon, the lake produces larger-than-average bass; in fact, many fishermen refer to Clear Lake as the “Bass Capital of the West.” More than just fish enjoy the waters—during the warmer months, the lake attracts professional and recreational water-skiers and wakeboarders.