Hotel at a Glance: Comfort Suites Elgin
Roughly 40 miles west of downtown Chicago, Elgin is a quiet suburb situated along the Fox River. Comfort Suites Elgin is located just off I-90, offering travelers convenient access to some of Chicagoland’s most popular attractions, including Woodfield Mall, Medieval Times, and the city itself. Each of the hotel’s suites is equipped with a flat-screen TV, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a coffeemaker; the king jacuzzi suite also comes with a jetted tub.
- Romance package: Choose Option 2 to get wine, chocolates, and a $50 dining credit to Jimmy’s Charhouse.
- Signature dish: Jimmy’s Charhouse is known for its charbroiled steaks and fresh fish.
- Complimentary breakfast: eggs, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereals, and meat
- Get fit at the onsite fitness facility.
- Grab a bite: There are 11 restaurants and two bars within walking distance of the hotel.
- Distance to Grand Victoria Casino: about 7 miles
Elgin, Illinois: Suburban Chicago River Town with Casino and Shopping
About 40 miles west of Chicago, Elgin is one of several suburban towns along the Fox River. You can wander the boutiques or grab a bite to eat in one of the restaurants that line the riverfront downtown.
Also centrally located on the river is the Grand Victoria Casino, a highlight of Elgin’s nightlife. The riverboat casino has more than 1,000 slot machines as well as baccarat, craps, blackjack, live poker, and other table games.
There are several shopping centers nearby, including the Huntley Outlet Center and the Algonquin Commons, home to Pottery Barn, The Gap, and DSW. One of the largest shopping malls in the country, Woodfield Mall, is a quick jaunt away east on I-90.