Top Reasons to Stay at Comfort Suites Golden Isles Gateway
- It’s set near the Golden Isles of Georgia—a group of four barrier islands—and has easy access to miles of secluded beaches and ancient forests.
- On the nearby island of St. Simons, you can take a trolley tour to learn about the area’s 400 years of history; the island’s Fort Frederica National Monument is one of its most popular historic sites.
- Golf courses, deep-sea fishing charters, and kayaking nature tours of island marsh creeks are some of the various outdoor activities just minutes away from the hotel.
- Historic downtown Brunswick, located about 8 miles from the hotel, has array of 19th-century Victorian buildings.
- Brunswick’s Emerald Princess II casino cruise ship has two gaming decks with hundreds of slot machines and several classic table games; two tickets to the riverboat are included in on of this deal’s options.
- Each morning at the hotel, there’s a complimentary hot breakfast spread of waffles, eggs, and other fare.
Brunswick, Georgia: Coastal City with Fresh Seafood and Historic Downtown
Located on the coast of southeastern Georgia, Brunswick has a natural harbor that has operated as a thriving seaport for more than 200 years. During World War II, the city’s shipyard built and launched 85 cargo vessels called Liberty Ships, and today a large fleet of shrimp boats anchors Brunswick’s renowned seafood industry. You can feast on boiled shrimp and watch crews trawl the coastal marshes during excursions aboard Lady Jane, one of the few shrimping vessels on the east coast certified for tours. A handful of seafood shacks also serve oysters, clams, and blue crabs to locals sitting at outdoor picnic tables.
Historic downtown Brunswick is home to an impressive collection of 19th- and 20th-century Victorian buildings. Art galleries and antique shops also line the streets, which are interspersed with charming squares.
The city is also a gateway to Georgia’s famed Golden Isles. You can stroll past homes once owned by the Rockefellers and the Pulitzers during a tour of Millionaires’ Village at Jekyll Island, or head to the verdant marshes and maritime forests of St. Simons Island.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.