Hotel at a Glance: Costa Blu Adults Only Beach Resort
Everywhere you turn at Costa Blu Adults Only Beach Resort, the turquoise-blue Caribbean Sea sparkles, its crystal-clear waters beckoning you to explore its depths. Thanks to the resort’s proximity to the Belize Barrier Reef, you can dive right in to see colorful coral and tropical fish—just pick up equipment from the PADI-certified dive shop. If you prefer to stay dry, you can borrow a kayak or simply admire the sea from your suite’s private balcony.
- One-bedroom suites are equipped with WiFi and flat-screen cable TVs.
- Get more views of the open water from the oceanfront pool.
- Dine al fresco at Blu Restaurant, which serves grilled seafood and other local specialties amid views of the sea.
- Other activities: snorkeling, scuba diving, jungle excursions, candlelight dining, sailing, fishing
Ambergris Caye, Belize: Small Island near World’s Second-Largest Barrier Reef
Ambergris Caye sits just off the northeastern coast of mainland Belize. By law, none of the island’s buildings can be taller than the highest coco palm, which helps create a serene, unspoiled vibe. The entire island is only about 25 miles long and 1 mile wide, but its varied ecosystems range from low sand ridges to lagoons and mangrove swamps.
Hop aboard a speedboat or glass-bottom boat to reach the Belize Barrier Reef, which lies about 10 minutes away. It’s part of the second-longest barrier reef in the world and was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its biological diversity. The reef boasts some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, sheltering nearly 500 species of fish and rare West Indian manatees that can reach the size of a compact car.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? From Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (BZE) guests can book a 20-min flight or take a 1.5 hour water taxi into San Pedro. San Pedro Airport (SPR) is about 6.5 miles from the property. There is a round-trip shuttle for no additional cost from SPR to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two guests. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.