Adventure Tours in the Jungles of Costa Rica and Nicaragua
On this 8-day, 7-night adventure from Costa Rica Monkey Tours, you’ll get to experience the biodiversity found in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, from beach to jungle. Adventure tours—all led by bilingual guides—include boating and ziplining, as well as bird watching and other meditative pursuits. This Getaway includes overnight stays at five hotels, along with tours, transportation, and some meals. Airfare is not included. The trip includes:
- 1 night at Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport or similar hotel in Liberia
- 1 night at Mountain Paradise Hotel in the Arenal Volcano area
- 1 night at Hotel Borinquen or similar hotel in Rincón de la Vieja
- 1 night at Hotel Colonial Granada or similar hotel in Granada, Nicaragua
- 3 nights at Villas Playa Samara Beach Front Resort or Nammbu Ocean View Bungalows
- Daily breakfast
- Three lunches
- White-water rafting tour on the Balsa River from wave expeditions class II & III river
- Zipline at Rincon de la Vieja
- Horseback riding at Rincon de la Vieja
- Unique mud-bath experiences and thermal waters at Natural Sauna at Rincón de la Vieja
- Entrance to the Masaya Volcano in Nicaragua National Park (pending volcano conditions)
- Visit the colonial market of Masaya
- Visit to the Laguna de Apoyo Catarina
- Guided boat tour of small islands along the Asese Peninsula
- Entrance and visit la Merced Church in Granada Nicaragua
- Visit of San Juan del Sur Nicaragua well know surf town
- English certified guide
- All transfers from and to the airport and in between locations
- Dedicated bus with private bilingual driver throughout the adventure tour
Click here to see the full itinerary.
Day 1: Arrival in Costa Rica
Fly into Guanacaste (LIR) Airport and take a complimentary shuttle to your first hotel. The rest of the day is set aside for relaxation.
Day 2: Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica
Next, the group heads to Arenal Volcano National Park, where you can go whitewater rafting on the Balsa River (via Wave Expeditions) before checking in for a relaxing night. This area is known for having the largest hot springs in the world.
Day 3: Rincon de la Vieja, Costa Rica
Next up is Rincon de la Vieja National Park. You’ll have access to numerous activities, such as ziplining, a visit to the Mystery Waterfall, horseback riding, a canopy tour, and soaking in a volcanic mud bath. Lunch is included.
Day 4: Granada, Nicaragua
Drive to the city of Granada for a boat tour of small islands along the Asese Peninsula. Keep your eyes peeled for herons, parrots, and other native birds. Back on dry land, you’ll return to Granada, where you can visit the convent of San Francisco, a cigar factory, or the main street full of restaurants.
Day 5: Masaya and San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
In the morning, visit La Merced Church before heading on a horse-and-carriage tour through Granada or, if conditions permit, visiting the Masaya Volcano and Catarina, an artisan market town that overlooks the Laguna de Apoyo. Then it’s off to San Juan del Sur, a beach town popular with surfers, for a quick lunch before making your way back to Costa Rica. You’ll spend the remainder of the trip just steps from a white-sand beach.
Days 6–8: Sámara, Costa Rica, and Return
Sámara’s whitewashed cottages hug a horseshoe-shaped bay renowned for calm waters ideal for swimming and snorkeling. About a mile offshore lies a deserted island called Isla Chora, which you can visit via kayak. Expect to find crystal-clear water and a pink beach full of hermit crabs and iguanas. A shuttle will take you to Liberia International Airport for your flight home on day 8.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (airport code: LIR). A complimentary shuttle is included with this package. In case you can’t to fly into LIR you can fly into SJO (Juan Santamaria Airport) but in this case you would have to cover transportation to Liberia, which is not included. Private transportation from San Jose to Liberia costs $250 USD each way. For further travel information, click here.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This deal is for two people; however, up to two additional persons can be added in the same room at $699/adult and $629/kid for kids under 12 for the whole package.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not offered with this deal.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required and there is no specific dress code. For more information about your dining options, please click here or call 800-774-5228