Adventure Tours in Costa Rica's Jungles, Cloud Forests, and Beaches
On this 8-day, 7-night adventure from Costa Rica Monkey Tours, you’ll experience the Central American country's exquisite biodiversity, from its expansive jungles to its coastal beaches. A string of adventure tours—all led by bilingual guides—includes canopy and waterfall canyon tours, as well as more meditative pursuits, such as bird watching. This getaway includes overnight stays at four hotels, along with tours, transportation, and some meals. Airfare is not included. The tour includes:
- Overnight accommodations at four resorts, including The Hilton Garden Inn, El Establo Resort, Hacienda Guachipelin, Hotel Villas Playa Samara, or similar
- Zipline tour
- Horseback ride
- Sky Walk tour
- Bird-watching tour
- Tubing adventure
- Kayak tour to Isla Chora
- Canyon and waterfall tour
- Airport transfers
- Transportation between locations
- Bilingual guides
- Nine meals
Click here to see the full itinerary and more details.
Day 1: Liberia, Costa Rica
Fly into Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR) and take a complimentary shuttle to the first hotel, Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport. The rest of the day is set aside for relaxation.
Day 2: Hacienda Guachipelin
Next, the group heads to Guanacaste, where a full day of adventure awaits. This day includes a canyon canopy tour, a waterfalls canyon tour, a tubing excursion, and a dip in thermal waters and hot springs. You'll also go on a horseback ride before spending the night at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.
Day 3: Monteverde Cloud Forest
Next up is a day trip to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, a jaw-dropping expanse of lush forests and biodiversity. You'll take a sky walk tour and a sky tram, allowing you to see the cloud forest from a bird's-eye view. From this vantage point, you'll take in undisturbed nature scenes—keep an eye out for jaguars, ocelots, tapirs, and the famously elusive quetzals. The evening is yours; relax and stretch out at the Hotel El Establo.
Day 4: Palo Verde National Park
In the morning, you'll head to Palo Verde National Park, one of Costa Rica's best wildlife-watching spots. Here, a river tour will give you a first-hand view of monkeys, crocodiles, and hundreds of species of birds. Afterwards, you'll visit the small pottery village of Guaitil, where you'll learn about Costa Rican traditions. The day's adventures end in Nicoya for a stop at one of Costa Rica's oldest churches, built in 1644. Retire to Hotel Villas Playa Samara, an elaborate beachfront resort that will be your home for the next three days.
Days 5–8: Samara
Hotel Villas Playa Samara's whitewashed cottages hug a horseshoe-shaped bay renowned for calm waters ideal for swimming and snorkeling. About a mile offshore lies a deserted island called Isla Chora, which you can explore on an included kayak tour. Expect to find crystal-clear waters and a pink beach full of hermit crabs and iguanas. Relax and splash in the waves during this sunny and peaceful wrap-up to your trip. After your stay here, you'll be shuttled back to the airport for your flight back home.
For more information, call (800) 774-5228.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (airport code: LIR). A complimentary shuttle is included with this package.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? This deal is for two people; however, up to two additional persons can be added in the same room at $799/adult and $499/kid for kids under 12 for the whole package.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? There are no timeshare opportunities at any of the properties. Guests will not be approached to visit a sales presentation during their stay.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? This offer includes two-for-one spa services at Hotel Villas Playa Samara.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Please contact the tour company regarding reservation or dress code information.