Adventure Tours amid Costa Rica’s Jungles, Cloud Forests, and Beaches
On this 8-day, 7-night adventure from Costa Rica Monkey Tours, you’ll experience the Central American country’s exquisite biodiversity, from its expansive jungles to its coastal beaches. Adventure tours—all led by bilingual guides—include canopy and waterfall canyon tours, as well as more meditative pursuits, such as bird watching. This Getaway includes overnight stays at four hotels, along with tours, transportation between sites, and some meals. Airfare is not included. This vacation includes:
- 1 night of accommodations at Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport or similar in Liberia
- 1 night of accommodations at Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin or Borinquen Mountain Resort and Spa in Rincón de la Vieja Volcano and National Park, Guanacaste
- 1 night of accommodations at El Establo Mountain Hotel or similar in Monteverde
- 4 nights of accommodations at Hotel Villas Playa Samara or Nammbú Beachfront Bungalows in Guanacaste
- Daily breakfast
- English-speaking guide certified by the Costa Rica Tourism Institute
- All transfers
- Comfortable touring bus throughout trip
Day 1: Liberia, Costa Rica
You’ll arrive at Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR), also known as Liberia International Airport, and take a complimentary shuttle to the first hotel (airfare is not included). The rest of the day is open for relaxation.
Day 2: Rincón de la Vieja Volcano Area
After breakfast, you’ll head northeast to the Rincón de la Vieja Volcano area and check in at your next hotel. You’ll enjoy a full day of adventure tours in the jungle, hot springs, and rivers surrounding the volcano. Highlights include a waterfall-and-canyon tour, a tubing adventure on the Rio Negro, and a horseback ride.
Day 3: Monteverde Cloud Forest
After breakfast, it’s on to your next stop: the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Later in the day, you’ll depart for a trip across the suspension bridges that make up Sky Walk and ride the Sky Tram deep into the tropical rainforest. From the open gondola, you’ll be in a great position to spot tropical birds, and, if you’re lucky, jaguars and ocelots.
Day 4: Palo Verde National Park
You’ll take a river tour through Palo Verde National Park, where you can expect to see crocodiles and howler monkeys. This remote network of mangrove swamps is a haven for birds, including storks, egrets, and spoonbills. Then you’ll visit Guaitil, a small town where residents have been making pottery using the same techniques for more than 5,000 years.
You’ll spend the remainder of the trip at a hotel near a gorgeous white-sand beach.
Days 5–8: Sámara and Departure
The Sámara region’s calm waters are ideal for swimming and snorkeling. You’ll have plenty of time to explore the area, including its discotheque and many restaurants. About a mile offshore lies a deserted wooded island called Isla Chora, which you can paddle out to on a kayak tour (additional fee). Expect to find crystal-clear water and a beach full of hermit crabs and iguanas.
For more information, call (800) 774-5228.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR). A complimentary shuttle is included with this package. In case you can’t to fly into LIR you can fly into SJO (Juan Santamaria Airport) but in this case you would have to cover transportation to Liberia, which is not included. Private transportation from San Jose to Liberia costs $250US + fees each way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This deal is for two people; however, up to two additional persons can be added in the same room at $699/adult and $559/kid for kids under 12 for the whole package.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? This offer does not include resort credits.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Please contact the tour company regarding reservation or dress code information.