Hotel at a Glance: Cottages at Cape Kiwanda
Staying at the Cottages at Cape Kiwanda is like staying at your own private beach home. Each one is steps from the beach and features an uninterrupted view of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock. Inside, you’ll find a gas fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, Jacuzzi tub, and Xbox 360 gaming system.
- Watch the sun set from your private deck or patio.
- Kick back with a movie: You’ll have a complimentary DVD library and Blu-ray player in your living room.
- Borrow a free beach cruiser bike and roll to shops and restaurants in laid-back Pacific City.
- Beer lovers rejoice: This deal includes a 22-ounce bottle of Pelican beer upon arrival, a taster tray, and a $10 dining credit to use at the neighboring Pelican Pub & Brewery.
- Concierge service: Even though you’ll be staying in an individual cottage, there’s a fully staffed lobby with a concierge who can offer suggestions for hiking trails, dinner, and surfboard rentals.
Pacific City, Oregon: Small Coastal Town with Outdoor Fun
Pacific City is a quaint town on the coast of Oregon, 60 minutes from Salem and less than two hours from Portland. There’s lots to do in this laid-back fishing village, especially if you like the outdoors. Pacific City pulls visitors in with its surfing, fishing, and kayaking opportunities, as well as its proximity to Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area. This state park has long expanses of clean beaches and miles of hiking trails, and it’s a popular place to catch a wave or go hang-gliding. Don’t miss a chance to go for a horseback ride along the coast near Bob Straub State Park, another popular outdoor destination, or to go crabbing on the sand. Pacific City also offers outstanding whale watching.