Top Reasons to Visit Cousin’s Country Inn
- It’s located in lively The Dalles, Oregon, in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge just 90 minutes outside of Portland.
- Enjoy homestyle cooking at the acclaimed Cousin’s Restaurant, where you can pair locally raised sirloin steaks with Oregon craft beers.
- You can hop in the bubbling jacuzzi year-round, and there’s a heated outdoor pool open seasonally.
- In the lobby, there’s a bottomless jar of housemade family-recipe cookies, and you can freely borrow DVDs from the DVD library.
- Standard guest-room accommodations (that is, any available rooms that don’t have fireplaces) feature contemporary decor, flat-screen LCD TVs, and leather sofa chairs.
The Dalles: Riverside Community in Oregon's Wine Country
Located about 90 minutes east of Portland in the "rain shadow" of the Cascade Range, The Dalles enjoys plenty of sun—even when it's raining in Portland. The picturesque weather opens up opportunities for hiking and windsurfing on the Columbia River in the summer and for skiing at Mount Hood, about 65 miles away, in the winter. In the spring and fall, take a scenic biking trip through the varied landscape—you can ride past wheat fields, cherry orchards, and vineyards on a single trip.
More than 30 wineries and vineyards call the area home. Within the region, the climate changes dramatically—the western side of the Columbia River Gorge is cooler and wetter, whereas the eastern side is warmer and receives only 8 to 15 inches of rainfall annually. The result is a great variety of classical wines, many of which are produced in small batches.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.