Romantic Cabins in Great Smoky Mountains Backcountry
The Great Smoky Mountains unfold in rolling peaks, which turn a hazy blue in the morning fog that gives the range its name. As Gatlinburg Cabin Designer Janice Haynes describes, “It’s the most amazing place in the Southeast. There are 42 mountains in the Appalachian Mountain chain over 6,000 feet; 40 peaks are in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.”
After a day spent in the wilderness, return to the romantic cabins located between Cosby and Gatlinburg, each one nestled on its private forested acreage with a hiking trail to the Little Pigeon River trout stream below. They each feature unique furnishings such as handcrafted beds, kitchens with stone countertops, shower baths, and charcoal grills. Enjoy the secluded forest from the wraparound porch, and unwind in both indoor and outdoor private hot tubs.
Cosby, Tennessee: Appalachian Wilderness near Lively Entertainment
Among the many Appalachian peaks rising above Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the nearly 6,000-foot Mount Cammerer stands out: it has a glassed-in fire tower at its summit, which boasts 360-degree views of surrounding hardwood forests. Starting near the town of Cosby, the Lower Mount Cammerer Trail wends up the alpine cliffs. Although challenging, the trail remains accessible year-round to well-bundled climbers and sniffles-prone mountain goats thanks to eastern Tennessee’s moderate climate. Linking to the Mount Cammerer path, the Appalachian Trail forms a gateway to thousands of miles of hiking. The area also offers multiple-whitewater rafting and zipline options. About 20 miles to the east of Cosby, the entertainment enclaves of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge feature country-music revues and live comedy shows.
Book a spring break trip for the chance to win a second trip!
What You Get
Stay for two in a one-room cabin
- Option 1: $199 for a 2-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Wednesday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $478 value)
- Option 2: $239 for a 2-night stay, valid for check-in Friday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to a $578 value)
- Option 3: $399 for a 5-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $1,195 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 4/10/15
Travel by: 7/31/15
- Blackout dates: 2/13–2/15, 5/22–5/25, and 7/1–7/6
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to fee up to the Groupon price.
- Taxes: 12.75% tax not included
- Additional fees: $69 cleaning fee not included. Television reception is available for $29 for two nights, or $44 for five nights.
Amenities and Room Details
- 30-acre property with hiking and walking trails
- Full kitchen
- Wood burning fireplace and charcoal grill
- Private hot tub
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.; call to arrange a late check-in
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for $35 per pet per stay in offsite cabins only.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Nearest airport: McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS; 60 mi)
- Distance from Knoxville: 55 miles
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Apr 10, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 4/10/15 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 7/31/15
- Not valid 2/13–2/15, 5/22–5/25, and 7/1–7/6
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject fee up to the Groupon price
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- $69 cleaning fee not included
- 12.75% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Firewood may be purchased for $5 per bundle at check-in office.