Top Reasons to Visit Crestmont Inn
- This country bed and breakfast sits atop a 2,200-foot mountain peak. Walking trails begin right from the main building. When the snow falls, it’s a great spot for tobogganing.
- All of the rooms are individually decorated and have private bathrooms, many of which are outfitted with antique claw-foot tubs.
- The onsite restaurant has three dining areas, each with a different look and feel. There’s a French country café, an English pub overlooking the woods, and an outdoor stone patio where meals are served alfresco when the weather permits.
- This Groupon includes a $25 dining credit. Menu items may include filet mignon with truffle infused whipped potatoes ($29) or porcini dusted sea scallops and gnocchi ($28).
- The luxury romance package treats couples to two in-room massages, as well as a decadent three-course dinner.
- The inn isn’t far from downtown Eagles Mere, a Victorian village with old-timey shops, eateries, and bookstores. Fishing, skiing, and winery tours are popular pastimes in the area.
Eagles Mere, Pennsylvania: Resort Town in the Mountains with Recreation Lake and Victorian Storefronts
The town of Eagles Mere centers on a pristine, 114-acre lake in the heart of Northcentral Pennsylvania’s Endless Mountains. It's billed as the "Last Unspoiled Resort,” a nod to the scenic surroundings and relaxed pace of life. Families flock to the water on warm days to swim, fish for largemouth bass, and watch sailboats. Ice-skating and tobogganing are popular activities in the winter. Hundreds of acres of pine forest and hiking trails surround the lake.
Fifteen minutes north, Worlds End State Park has some nice picnic spots where you can enjoy the foliage and glimpse white-tailed deer and black bears. Head into Eagles Mere's Victorian town center to browse antique stores and spoil your dinner at a sweets shop that's more than a century old.