Property at a Glance: Dominican Tree House Village
Within the jungles of the Dominican Republic’s Samana province, a grove of trees has been transformed into a natural resort of open air cabins perched above the forest floor. A large eco-lodge crafted from local materials acts as the resort’s hub, surrounded by 22 open-air treehouse cabins designed for rest, relaxation, and 360-degree panoramas of the surrounding jungle. The lodge itself hosts special events like weddings and yoga retreats, complete with a full bar and catering kitchen designed for family-style meals. A number of optional activities are also available to book through the front desk to bring adventure and leisure to each trip: think zip-lining, cliff jumping, horseback riding, cave exploration, secluded beach relaxation, ATV beach excursions, and boat tours.
Each cabin is perched high above the ground and enclosed by curtains and a well-built railing, showcasing the jungle’s natural wonders in a private haven. Meanwhile, hand-woven decor and hanging chairs make the perfect spot to curl up with a good book (or two). Pathways connect the entire property, showcasing the jungle’s organically grown fruits, vegetables, and flowers. Tree House Village’s development was designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible, bringing guests as close as possible to Samana’s people, culture, flora, and fauna in this relaxing jungle paradise.
- Go for a swim in the pool, surrounded by lush vegetation.
- Enjoy gourmet meals prepared by the resort’s chef; vegetarian and vegan options are also available on request. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included!
- Reach a zen state while practicing yoga at the onsite studio. Access is included in your stay.
- Drink bottomless local rum cocktails, juices, sodas, and water which are all included
- Nightly Entertainment: fire pit, games, and dance lessons
- Enjoy a free fall into a waterfall pool while using the rope swing.
- Ride through the jungle to a secluded beach on an included beach-cruiser bike.
Samaná, Dominican Republic: Picturesque Beaches and Waterfalls
The Samaná Peninsula juts out from the northeast coast of the Dominican Republic, soaking up the Caribbean Sea’s balmy subtropical temperatures. Its tucked-away, sugar-sand beaches are its biggest draw, followed by its exotic landscape: according to Frommer’s, it’s “as Casablanca as the Caribbean gets.”
El Salto del Limón waterfall is among Samaná’s most breathtaking natural features. You can ride horseback through the surrounding forests to get to the falls, which tumble over 165 feet of rocks and tropical vegetation. On the Dominican Republic’s mainland, Los Haitises National Park is home to mangrove forests and limestone crags that peek out of the water.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? It is recommended that guests schedule a taxi from Santo Domingo Las Americas International Airport (SDQ). Click here for more information on how to get to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two guests. Both the standard and maximum occupancy in a treehouse is two guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner is included and no reservation is required. Casual dress is allowed and the resort caters to all kinds of diets. For more information regarding your dining options, please call 800-820-1357.