Top Reasons to Stay at Doral Desert Princess Resort
- This sprawling resort is set on 345 lush, landscaped acres surrounded by the San Jacinto Mountains. You’ll be 5 miles from the shopping and restaurants of downtown Palm Springs and an hour’s drive from Joshua Tree National Park.
- There are 27 holes of championship golf onsite, divided among three nine-hole courses. You’ll also find a full-service spa offering treatments such as orange-blossom exfoliating scrubs and hot-stone massages.
- Standard rooms are spacious and have balconies overlooking the desert.
- After a game of tennis on one of the 10 onsite courts, you can dive into the Olympic-size outdoor swimming pool to cool off. A poolside bar serves fruity drinks and casual meals such as club sandwiches and cobb salads.
- The resort’s Fairway Café serves healthy, California-style cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Head to Divots Lounge for appetizers and drinks.<p>
Palm Springs, California: Desert City with Outdoor Recreation and Hollywood History
Nestled in the Coachella Valley in Southern California, Palm Springs has fallen in and out of fashion throughout the past two centuries. The desert city, which boasts a strong Native American influence, remained relatively unknown up until the 20th century, when Hollywood A-listers flocked there for its temperate weather and tucked-away feel. Word spread quickly, and by the 1950s and 1960s, the landscape was dotted with tennis courts, swimming pools, and flashy modern homes owned by the likes of Elvis and Frank Sinatra.
Though it experienced a lull at the turn of the century, Palm Springs has emerged once again as a vacation hotspot. The sun shines there roughly 350 days a year, which makes it easy to hike nearby or play on one of its designer golf courses in any season. Luxury spas and boutique shops cover the glitzy downtown area of Palm Springs. There’s an old, kitschy feel that still survives in the city, which is now surrounded by retro midcentury hotels and classic Mediterranean-inspired villas.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.