What You Get
- For $80, a one-night stay for two in an Elegant king or queen room
- Or, for $139, a two-night stay for two in an Elegant king or queen room
Included in both options:
- $30 dining credit
Palatial Grandeur in Downtown San Antonio
In 1909, a trio of Texas cattlemen broke ground on a project that would transform a pasture into palatial accommodations frequented by movie stars and royalty over the next century. Ascending the regal red staircase of The St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel, guests follow in the footsteps of legendary visitors such as Princess Grace of Monaco, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Judy Garland. Antique French Empire and Russian furnishings complement modern amenities at this National Historic Landmark, which seamlessly melds stately luxury with contemporary comfort.
In the Peacock Alley lounge, twinkling light from crystal chandeliers bounces off burnished bronze statues as bartenders mix classic cocktails and serve light snacks. Like a portal to the past, the doors of Elegant king and queen rooms open to reveal handsome furnishings and old-fashioned wooden four-poster beds. Quilted linens serve as a cozy cocoon after a day spent swimming or diving for Davy Crockett's legendary coonskin swim cap in the outdoor heated pool. Inside, the sumptuous accommodations create an atmosphere of opulence and comfort that feels far removed from the downtown bustle just outside.
In the morning, sunlight filters through frosted half-moon windows as servers whisk plates of buttermilk waffles ($10) and huevos rancheros ($12) to guests seated in the Madrid Room. In addition to breakfast fare, the Madrid Room offers a menu of southwestern fare throughout the day to refuel guests before they hop on a trolley to San Antonio's hub or take in the colorful sights along the River Walk.
San Antonio: Riverside Recreation and Vibrant Culture
The River Walk cuts a broad swath through the heart of the city, making for a peaceful stroll between parkland and boutiques on one side and, on the other, the placid waterway dotted with riverboats and rubber-ducky armadas. In addition to the legendary Alamo, San Antonio boasts a number of historical sites, including HemisFair Park, the site of the 1968 World's Fair and home to the iconic 750-foot Tower of the Americas. Nearby, San Antonio's historical Market Square buzzes with authentic Mexican fare, folk dancing, and mariachi bands.
How To Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Call The St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel.
- Choose a date prior to 2/29/12.
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit-card info.
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: Two
- Maximum occupancy: Two
- Adding occupants above standard: Not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: Noon
- Parking: Lot parking available for an additional $19 per day; valet available for an additional $24.50 per day
- Rollaways: Available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: No smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: Pets may be added for an additional $50 nonrefundable deposit.
- Accessibility: Handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: Upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
What It's Worth
- For $80, a one-night stay for two in an Elegant king or queen room (up to $129 value)
- Or, for $139, a two-night stay for two in an Elegant king or queen room (up to $258 value)
Included in both options:
- $30 dining credit
Total value: up to $288
- One restaurant and two bars on-site
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- Fitness center
- Promotional value expires Feb 29, 2012. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 2/29/12
- Travel must be completed by 2/29/12
- Not valid 11/12, 12/5-12/9, or 12/31
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Subject to availability
- 24hr cancellation notice or fee of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 18 or older to check-in
- Valid only for Elegant king or queen room
- Dining credit not valid toward the purchase of alcohol
- 16.75% tax not included
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About The St. Anthony Riverwalk Wyndham Hotel
- By plane: About 10 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- By cab: About $30 from SAT