What You Get
- $1,289 for a 7-day/6-night Costa Rica tour for two (up to a $2,578 value)
- See full itinerary here
Policies and Fees
Book by: 5/15/15
Travel by: 12/10/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: 30-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 15-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 13% tax not included
- Additional fees: $10 entrance fee per person into Tortuguero National Park not included.
- Airfare not included.
Explore Rainforests and National Parks in Costa Rica
Costa Rica’s diverse landscape and animal life make it an ideal destination for eco-tourism. You’ll see plenty of both on this vacation, which includes tours of the Arenal Volcano National Park’s rainforests and the canals and wetlands of Tortuguero National Park. There’s also some adventurous activities planned—you’ll soar through treetops on a zipline and relax in natural hot springs. Along the way, you’ll stay at hotels with tons of amenities like private gardens, pools, spas, and bars. The trip includes:
- 1 night at the Best Western Irazu in San Jose or similar
- 2 nights at Laguna Tortuguero in Tortuguero
- Guided walk on hotel trails and botanical garden
- Boat tour to Tortuguero National Park
- Trip to Tortuguero town
- 3 nights at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa in La Fortuna
- Zipline tour over tropical rainforest and waterfalls
- Arenal Volcano National Park tour
- Arenal Hot Springs trip
- Five breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- Optional auto-guided tour of 20-ft. La Fortuna Waterfall
- Happy hour from 5–6 p.m. at Best Western Irazú
- All transfers
- See full itinerary here
Days 1–3: San Jose and Tortuguero
After your flight, you’ll head straight to your San Jose hotel. Depending on when you arrive, you may have time to explore Costa Rica’s capital city, where you can soak up the colonial architecture and sample tamales, pupusas (stuffed flatbread), and other street food.
After breakfast the next morning you’ll leave for Tortuguero. While here you’ll stay at Laguna Tortuguero whose restaurants, bars, and pools are nestled on a 6-acre garden between the Tortuguero Lagoon and Caribbean Sea. Day three is filled with activities, outlined below.
- Tortuguero National Park: Hop on a boat tour after breakfast to explore canals, lagoons, and wetlands inhabited by endangered turtles and manatees.
- Go into town: There are no streets in this quiet little village, but the sandy pathways and rare cement sidewalks will lead you to plenty of restaurants, artist-owned shops, and the Sea Turtle Conservatory Museum.
Days 4–5: La Fortuna
On day four, you’ll arrive at Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, a rustic, colonial-style hotel near the Arenal Volcano. The next day is filled with adventurous activities, as follows:
- Zipline tour: You’ll whiz past colorful birds in lush rainforests and over waterfalls.
- Arenal Volcano National Park: At this roughly 30,000-acre park, you’ll find hiking trails, fertile rainforests, and a wide variety of plants and animals. Keep your eyes peeled for parrots, howler monkeys, and orchids.
- Arenal hot springs: Soothe tired muscles in warm pools created by the volcano’s geothermic activity.
Days 6–7: La Fortuna and Return to U.S.
Since day six has no set itinerary, you can spend your time as you please, enjoying a drink at the hotel’s Luna Bar or indulging in a relaxing Swedish massage with volcanic mud. Alternatively, you can book activities through the hotel, such as cave explorations, rappelling, and canopy tours. The next day, you’ll have breakfast before heading back to the airport for your return flight to the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Santamaría Airport (SJO). Ecoterra guides will meet you at the airport to take you to the hotel.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard is $399 per stay for a guest 12 or older and $299 per stay for each kid aged 5–11.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.
- Bedding varies by hotel
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: $399 per stay for an additional guest 12 or older; $299 per stay for each additional kid aged 5–11
- Parking: not available
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Promotional value expires May 15, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 5/15/15 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 12/10/15
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 30-day cancellation notice required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 15-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18+ to check in, 5+ to zipline
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- $10 entrance fee per person into Tortuguero National Park not included
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About 7-Day Costa Rica Trip from Ecoterra
- Fly into Juan Santamaría Airport in San Jose (SJO).
- Ecoterra guides will meet you at the airport to take you to the hotel.