Hotel at a Glance: Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Eden Roc at Cap Cana, all-suite resort in Punta Cana and the only Relais & Chateaux hotel on the island, was named to Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot List in 2013 for its posh bungalow accommodations and no-hassle amenities. Each suite comes with a complimentary iPad, which you can use to control the room’s light, temperature, and TV from your bed. Outside, you'll find white-sand beaches, tropical forests, and a marina.
- Private swimming pool outside every suite, surrounded by tropical foliage to ensure privacy.
- Complimentary golf carts let you zip around the 30,000-acre property with ease.
- A huge natural grotto lies at the center of the resort, complete with a freshwater lagoon and waterfalls.
- Restaurants and bars onsite include Mediterraneo, which serves pan-seared Wagyu beef, red tuna tartar with caviar, and other gourmet fare. * A Jack Nicklaus golf courses is in the vicinity, and was named the #1 course in the Caribbean & Mexico in 2012 and 2013
- VIP status: You'll have access to the Caletón Beach Club, a private, members-only facility with a freeform pool and a beach bar.
- A mango-pineapple wrap and body scrub is one of dozens of treatments available at the resort’s Solaya Spa.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as "a beautiful island paradise." Punta Cana, located on the island's easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day's catch.