Hotel at a Glance: El Castillo Boutique Luxury Hotel
If paradise includes picture-perfect views of the ocean or the surrounding gardens from your room, then El Castillo qualifies. The Costa Rican adults-only resort is located in the intimate village of Ojochal, nestled against water with stunning views of the ocean. Situated about midway between Dominical to the north and Sierpe to the south, El Castillo Boutique Luxury Hotel has adventures guests can enjoy, including visits to local waterfalls and ziplining through the surrounding mountains.
- Dining at sunset: The onsite Castillo’s Kitchen serves up Costa Rican fare with a modern twist, prepared with local ingredients.
- Complimentary breakfast: Menu items might include banana pancakes, gallo pinto, huevos rancheros, omelets, and chilaquiles.
- Extra luxury: Some options come with an all-inclusive package.
- In-room amenities: complimentary WiFi, rain shower.
- Recent accolades: 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice, 2017 Certificate of Excellence, and a place among Top 25 Small Hotels - Central America.
- Local food culture includes high-end restaurants within walking distance of the property.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica: Scarlet Macaws and Surfing in Popular Ecotourism Getaway
Puntarenas is Costa Rica’s largest province, extending hundreds of miles along the Pacific coast from the Panama border to the Gulf of Nicoya. In Puntarenas, you’re never far from beaches, national parks, and nature reserves, making the area popular for ecotourism. The beachside town of Jacó attracts surfers from all over the globe with consistently big waves and good breaks. About 20 miles north, Carara National Park is home to crocodiles, two-toed sloths, and hundreds of scarlet macaws—a rare sight in most parts of the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) is about 140 miles from the property and is a 3.5-hour drive to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two guests 16 or older (one guest must be 18 or older to check in). The maximum occupancy for all rooms is two guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with this voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.