What You Get
Gourmet-inclusive stay for two in a jetted-tub junior suite, valid for travel 7/14/15–10/31/15
- Option 1: $1,257 for 4 nights (up to a $2,184 value)
- Option 2: $1,575 for 5 nights (up to a $2,730 value)
Gourmet-inclusive stay for two in a jetted-tub junior suite, valid for travel 11/1/15–12/22/15
- Option 3: $1,365 for 4 nights (up to a $2,228 value)
- Option 4: $1,699 for 5 nights (up to a $2,785 value)
- Welcome glass of champagne
- All gourmet meals and snacks
- Unlimited drinks, alcoholic and nonalcoholic, domestic brands, and a selection of international luxury brands
- Minibar with beer, water, and soft drinks stocked once a day
- Live music and shows
- Dive clinic in the pool
- Nonmotorized watersports: pedal boats, kayaks, and snorkeling gear
- Personal concierge service from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- 24-hour room service
- Taxes and gratuities
Policies and Fees
Book by: 9/11/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $300 fee; 30-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 1-night stay up to the Groupon price; 8-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 2-night stay up to the Groupon price; 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Airfare not included.
Property at a Glance: El Dorado Royale, a Gourmet-Inclusive Spa Resort by Karisma
The El Dorado Royale is a gourmet-inclusive, adults-only resort located on a mile-long strand of pearl-white beach. As a guest, you’re entitled to unlimited meals, plus alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks at the resort’s 8 bars (many of which you can swim right up to). There are loads of onsite activities to choose from, including snorkeling, kayaking, tennis, salsa lessons, and yoga.
- Notable award: Four Diamond rating from AAA
- Number of swimming pools: 5
- In-room luxury: In your suite, you’ll have a two-person jetted tub and 24-hour room service. The room’s decor is inspired by Mexican motifs.
- What to eat: There are 11 restaurants—options include authentic Mexican street food, beachfront Italian dining, and fresh seafood.
- Culinary theater: Snag a reservation for Fuentes, the onsite culinary theater, where you’ll watch the executive chef prepare a five-course meal on large screens surrounding the restaurant.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya: Rich with History and Tropical Calm
Just south of Cancún, the Riviera Maya is a nearly 80-mile stretch of Caribbean coastline fronted by towns rich in Mexican culture. For some of the area’s best beaches, clubs, and snorkeling reefs, head to the rapidly growing city of Playa del Carmen. Farther south, Tulum sits on a perch of rocky bluffs and is better known for ancient ruins, including temples and a cliff-side castle. The inhabitants of Tulum—which means “walled” in the aboriginal language—first erected the city’s outer fortress to protect themselves from belligerent invaders. Today, the wall guards the archaeological zone, beginning with an entryway of two corbel arches and a limestone house built over an underwater cave.
Swimming in the secret caves isn’t allowed, but a scenic drive south of Playa del Carmen brings you to the Yucatán Peninsula’s legendary limestone cenotes, freshwater sinkholes created by an underground river system. At the Cenote Cristalino, you can jump from terraced outcroppings into an exposed pool or go snorkeling in underwater caves. You can also watch locals expertly flip, dive, and synchronously cannonball into the clear water at this popular weekend hangout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancun International (CUN) is 34 miles from the property. Transfers can be arranged upon booking your reservation. Otherwise, taxis are readily available. Cab fare is about $50.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding an occupant above standard for a guest 18 or older is $157 per night 7/14/15–10/31/15 and $171 per night 11/1/15–12/22/15; kids 17 or younger are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are not required; however, there is a casual elegant dress code for dinner. For women: dresses, skirts, long pants, capris, shoes, and elegant sandals. For men: long pants, collared shirts, and casual shoes. For more information about your dining options, please click here.
Jetted-Tub Junior Suite
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $157 per night 7/14/15–10/31/15 and $171 per night 11/1/15–12/22/15 for an additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger are not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 5 swimming pools
- 8 bars
- 11 restaurants
- Spa and beauty salon
- Live music and shows
- Complimentary bicycle rentals
- Kayaking and snorkeling gear
- Complimentary shuttle to Cancun and Playa del Carmen (reservations required)
- Promotional value expires Sep 12, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 9/11/15 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 7/14/15–10/31/15 or 11/1/15–12/22/15, depending on option purchased
- Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $300 fee; 30-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 1-night stay up to the Groupon price; 8-day cancellation notice required or fee of applicable 2-night stay up to the Groupon price; 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in and stay
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- New bookings only; not valid for guests currently holding reservations
- Not valid for groups.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About El Dorado Royale, a Gourmet-Inclusive Spa Resort by Karisma
- Nearest airport: Cancun International (CUN; 34 mi)
- Cab fare: about $50 from CUN