Property at a Glance: El Dorado Royale, A Spa Resort by Karisma
The El Dorado Royale is a gourmet all-inclusive, adults-only resort located on 450 tropical acres along a Caribbean beach. As a guest, you’re entitled to unlimited meals, plus alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks at the resort’s 14 bars (many of which you can swim right up to). There are loads of onsite activities to choose from, including snorkeling, kayaking, tennis, salsa lessons, and yoga.
- Notable award: Four Diamond rating from AAA
- Number of swimming pools: 13
- In-room luxury: In your suite, you’ll have a private jacuzzi, garden and Caribbean views, and 24-hour room service. The room’s decor is inspired by Mexican motifs.
- What to eat: There are eight restaurants here—choose from authentic Mexican street food to beachfront Italian dining to fresh seafood.
- Culinary theater: Make sure to snag a reservation for Fuentes, the onsite culinary theater, where you’ll watch the executive chef prepare a five-course meal on large screens surrounding the restaurant.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya: Rich with History and Tropical Calm
Just south of Cancún, the Riviera Maya is a nearly 80-mile stretch of Caribbean coastline fronted by towns rich in Mexican culture. For some of the area’s best beaches, clubs, and snorkeling reefs, head to the rapidly growing city of Playa del Carmen. Farther south, Tulum sits on a perch of rocky bluffs and is better known for ancient ruins, including temples and a cliff-side castle. The inhabitants of Tulum—which means “walled” in the aboriginal language—first erected the city’s outer fortress to protect themselves from belligerent invaders. Today, the wall guards the archaeological zone, beginning with an entryway of two corbel arches and a limestone house built over an underwater cave.
Swimming in the secret caves isn’t allowed, but a scenic drive south of Playa del Carmen brings you to the Yucatán Peninsula’s legendary limestone cenotes, freshwater sinkholes created by an underground river system. At the Cenote Cristalino, you can jump from terraced outcroppings into an exposed pool or go snorkeling in underwater caves. You can also watch locals expertly flip, dive, and synchronously cannonball into the clear water at this popular weekend hangout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Transfers can be arranged upon booking your reservation, otherwise taxis are readily available.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? Yes, there is an additional occupancy fee but it varies by date, please contact the hotel about rates for specific dates.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No additional resort credits are offered with this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are not required; however, there is a casual elegant dress code for dinner. For women: dresses, skirts, long pants, capris, shoes, and elegant sandals. For men: long pants, collared shirts, and casual shoes