Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from (multiple airports)
- New York (JFK)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Boston (BOS)
- Washington, DC (IAD)
- Chicago (ORD)
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (7 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Three O’Nine Hotel or similar in Beirut
- 1 night of accommodations at Auberge Braidy or similar in Zahlé
- 1 night of accommodations at Monastery of Qozhaya or similar in Qadisha Valley
- 1 night of accommodations at Aleph Boutique Hotel or similar in Byblos
Attractions & Meals
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (7 breakfasts, 1 lunch)
- Entrance fees to sites visited
- All sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary included in the package price
- Wine tasting in Ksara Caves
- English-speaking guide for all tours
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Tucked away on the Mediterranean Sea lies Lebanon. Thanks to Encounters Travel, aspiring travelers have the chance to explore this country with its vast history, beautiful scenery, great food, and friendly people with an expert guide. Travelers fly into Beirut and have a lot of adventure in store.
- Day 1: Arrive in Beirut and meet your guide.
- Day 2: First stop on the tour is Barouk Cedar Nature Reserve that houses over 500 species of plants and 32 species of wildlife. Next, head to Chouf Mountain to see a UNESCO World Heritage village. View the Beiteddin Palace before returning to Beirut for a tour.
- Day 3: Tour south Lebanon by visiting Tyre and Sidon, an ancient Phoenician city and Sidon where we see the Crusader castle.
- Day 4: Travel to Baalbek, home to famous ancient temples and perhaps the most impressive Roman ruins in the Middle East. Then, go to Umayyad city of Anjar, and enjoy a wine tasting at the Ksara Caves.
- Day 5: See the vast cedar trees of Lebanon before going to the village of Becharre, home to novelist Kahlil Gibran. Then visit the Holy Qadisha Valley.
- Day 6: Early risers can join monks in a monastery before going to the Baatara Gorge sinkhole. Then, check out the coastal town of Byblos.
- Day 7: Tour Byblos and Harissa. Also take a cable car to the top of the Basilica. Return to Beirut, stopping to explore the huge Jeitta Grotto on the way.
- Day 8: Spend time in Beirut before flying home.
Call Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; all travelers, including kids, must purchase a voucher
- Booking optional tours and upgrades