What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $500 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: 11.8% tax not included.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: Euro
- Buy one voucher per person.
- Airfare is not included.
Hands-On Cooking Classes and Guided City Tours in Abruzzo Region
Along Italy’s central eastern coast lies the Abruzzo region, known for its artisanal cheeses and full-bodied wines. On this all-inclusive 7-day tour from Epitourean, you’ll stay in the quaint town of Carunchio, nestled in the foothills of the Apennine Mountains near the Adriatic Sea. The tour features luxurious touches from the start: guests are picked up at the Rome Airport in a luxury coach or Mercedes Van and taken to the Palazzo Tour d’Eau, a 19th-century mansion turned hotel perched on the town’s highest hilltop. Your days will be filled with gourmet meals with wine—all of which are included—hands-on cooking classes, and guided sightseeing excursions throughout the Italian countryside. Click here for a complete itinerary. This premium tour includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airport transfers
Hotels (6 nights)
- 6 nights of accommodations in a deluxe room at Palazzo Tour D’Eau Hotel in Carunchio
Attractions & Meals
- All meals
- Wine with lunch and dinner
- Pasta making
- Regional hands-on cooking classes
- Wine tastings
- Olive mill tour and demonstrations
- Cheesemaking and excursions to Italian medieval villages through the Abruzzi countryside and Adriatic coastline
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Some optional tours—including spa treatments, smart-phone food photography classes, and truffle hunting—are available on Day 5 for a nominal cost.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: After arriving at Rome International Airport, you’ll be transferred to the hotel in Abruzzo and enjoy a welcome dinner in Carunchio.
- Day 2: Visit an olive-oil mill and join a hands-on cooking class.
- Day 3: Learn how to make your own pasta then take a wine-pairing class and sample Abruzzo wines.
- Day 4: Tour Vasto along the Adriatic Coast, go shoe shopping, and indulge in fresh seafood.
- Day 5: Make a vegetarian dish and an almond biscotti; consider an afternoon optional tour
- Day 6: Tour Agnone to see mozzarella and ricotta production, visit a bell factory, and learn how to make pizza.
- Day 7: Drive back to Rome.
Culinary Tour Highlights
- Cooking classes: The Palazzo’s sommelier will conduct a lesson on the art of pairing food and wine. On another day, you’ll learn more Old-World recipes as you create a vegetarian dish and an almond biscotti. Last but not least, you’ll make authentic Abruzzo-style pizza and appetizers.
- Olive-mill tour: The group will learn how olives are harvested from groves and made into different oils, which you’ll sample.
- Excursion to Vasto: On a day trip to Vasto, an ancient settlement on the Adriatic coast, the tour swings through the historical center of town, stops at Piazza Rossetti for shopping, visits a fishing house, and culminates in a “Taste of the Adriatic” seafood lunch.
- Cheese-making tour: During an afternoon excursion to the town of Agnone, you’ll observe the artisanal techniques used to make mozzarella, ricotta, and caciocavallo cheeses.
How to Book
1. Choose desired option from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Epitourean contact and redemption instructions. Book by 11/15/17.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $500 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes. Epitourean can arrange for lodging in Rome either before or after the main tour, plus any day excursions requested.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Customers should call 800-390-3292 or email email@example.com to inquire about desired dates. Customers should be a little flexible in choosing their dates. Epitourean will do everything possible to accommodate the requested dates, but we also run this tour virtually every week throughout the year.
3. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? If the dates requested by the customer are not available, they can request flexible dates so that they can use their voucher for a future date (where we honor the discounted price and pre-paid status), or they can request a refund, as long as it is within the voucher refund period.
4. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? This package is sold on a per person basis regardless of age. Due to the nature of the cooking class focus of these tours, we do not recommend kids under the age of 10. But kids pay the same price as adults in this particular package.
- Two twin beds, one king bed, or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Parking: available.
- Rollaways: not available.
- Smoking policy: allowed only in designated areas.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: call tour operator to inquire about handicap-accessible rooms.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- Promotional value expires Nov 15, 2017. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 11/15/17 or promo value expires
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability; trip may be cancelled w/refund if not enough vouchers are bought for that date
- Alternate departure dates or gateways may be available for additional fee
- 60-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the voucher price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in, 10+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Epitourean at (800)-390-3292 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- 11.8% tax not included
- $500 fee to travel solo.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.