For too many Americans, their de facto second home is an office, a car, or that one bear trap they keep falling for. Enjoy a home away from home away from home with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$79 for a two-night stay package for two, valid for check-in on a Wednesday or Sunday (up to a $402.50 value) <p> $119 for a two-night stay package for two, valid for check-in on a Friday (up to a $482.50 value) Each package includes:
- Two nights of accommodations in a king or two-queen room (a $258 value on Wednesday or Sunday; a $338 value on Friday)
- Pass for two to use the resort’s amenities (a $50 value)
- $12 toward dessert with a dinner purchase (dinner not included)
- One free entree with purchase of a bottle of wine
- 25% discount on any spa service ($22.50 value)
- $50 credit toward another stay in 2013<p>
Erie Islands Resort & Marina
Erie Islands Resort & Marina spreads across 400 idyllic acres on Lake Erie's shores. The sprawling retreat encompasses three different types of accommodations. At the newly renovated, Victorian–style Inn at Spiess Harbor, eye-catching sculptures decorate spacious rooms outfitted with soft easy chairs and huge windows overlooking a picturesque marina. Seasonal flower arrangements adorn marble vanities in the sterling bathrooms. Contemporary cottages feature open cathedral ceilings and fully stocked kitchens.
Between check-in and check-out, vacationers can paddle canoes or lope through the 15,000 square-foot recreation center, including lounging in the steam room while reenacting scenes from Gorillas in the Mist. Among nearby attractions that make for excellent day trips are an indoor waterpark, a casino, and an on-site ice-skating rink and cross-country skiing.