Beachfront Resort with Spacious Condos and Suites
There’s a decidedly laid-back vibe on Ambergris Caye. By law, the buildings cannot rise higher than the tallest coconut palm, and locals often walk around barefoot. Though Ambergris Caye has all the makings of a Cancún-style party hot spot—poolside bars and miles of beaches, for example—Exotic Caye Beach Resort reflects the area’s serene sensibility. Located on the island’s southern arm, the resort has its own secluded stretch of beach, a yoga studio, and a private dock for launching snorkeling tours.
Under the shade of thatched-roof huts and palm trees, the onsite Crazy Canuck’s Beach Bar serves a variety of rum-based cocktails and frozen drinks (welcome drinks are included in this Getaway). It’s a popular hangout among locals—feel free to drop in during a beach cookout, an afternoon dice game, or a live music performance. The resort’s other dining options include Melt Cafe, offering breakfast and lunch items such as made-to-order eggs, fresh fruit smoothies, and South American coffee. The Hot Spot, a beachfront eatery open for lunch and dinner, specializes in authentic Belizean cuisine with a mix of American and Caribbean dishes.
With this Getaway, you’ll stay in a garden suite or spacious one-bedroom standard condo with a fully equipped kitchen and private balcony facing the ocean. Airfare to and from Belize is not included, but you’ll receive round-trip ground transportation between San Pedro Airport (SPR) and the resort. Select options also come with a snorkeling excursion for two.
Ambergris Caye, Belize: Small Island near World’s Second-Largest Barrier Reef
Recognized by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the World’s Best Islands, Ambergris Caye sits just off the northeastern coast of mainland Belize. By law, none of the island’s buildings can be taller than the highest coco palm, which helps create a serene, unspoiled vibe. The entire island is only about 25 miles long and 1 mile wide, but its varied ecosystems range from low sand ridges to lagoons and mangrove swamps.
Hop aboard a speedboat or glass-bottom boat to reach the Belize Barrier Reef, which lies about 10 minutes away. It’s part of the second-longest barrier reef in the world and was designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site for its biological diversity. The reef shelters a remarkable variety of sea life, including nearly 500 species of fish and rare, massive West Indian manatees that can reach the size of a compact car.
The town of San Pedro is situated on Ambergris’s southern end. Formerly a small fishing village, it’s now home to various boutiques, which stock artisan crafts ranging from ziricote woodcarvings to Guatemalan jewelry.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? San Pedro Airport (SPR) is about 1 mile away from the property. Shuttle service: round-trip ground transportation between SPR and the resort is included.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard in standard one-bedroom condo is $10 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; kids 11 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required and there is no specific dress code. For more information about your dining options, please click here.