What You Get
- Two-night stay for two in a Lodge Oceanview room
- Complimentary valet and WiFi
- Full breakfast for two at Atlantic Grille each day
Two Championship Golf Courses and Family-Friendly Water Park at Sprawling Resort Overlooking Atlantic Ocean
Squeals and splashes ring out in the shadow of a spiraling water slide, while, not far away, a focused silence prevails as golfers line up shots on emerald fairways set at the very lip of the Atlantic Ocean. At the Hammock Beach Resort, the two scenes—one of frenetic activity, the other of relaxing quiet—are not incongruous. In fact, the palatial resort manages to encompass both tranquility and vibrancy within its sprawling expanse, producing a synthesis of family-friendly aquatic adventure and championship golf on immaculately tended grounds overlooking the ever-rolling surf.
After checking in at the resort's seashell-pink entrance, guests travel to the stately Lodge building and settle into aptly named Oceanview rooms, where a private walkout balcony draws the eye to a majestic view of the Atlantic below. Dark wood furnishings, cool tiled floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows contribute to the air of opulence in each room. One king or two queen beds, swathed in luxurious, sand-colored linens, offer themselves up to tired travelers, with the soothing sounds of the ocean drifting in from low-set windows. In the bathroom, an enormous walk-in shower rinses off beach bods with a rain-style showerhead.
Once they've explored their temporary digs, guests can venture into the outdoors, where a multitude of activities awaits. The resort's two championship golf courses are the Ocean course, designed by golf great Jack Nicklaus to provide stunning views of the abutting sea, and the ultra-challenging Conservatory course, designed by Tom Watson and comprising undulating greens, vast lakes, and three waterfalls.
Nongolfers can splash their way through Hammock Beach’s Fantasy Pool complex, where inner tubers leisurely float down a lazy river and thrill-seekers zip down a winding water slide into one of many turquoise pools dotting the site. An indoor pool provides further diversion for aqua adventurers—and then, of course, there's the pink-shell beach, where sun-kissed vacationers can frolic in the surf or rest on chairs and towels provided by the resort. Additionally, kids’ activities, a host of on-site restaurants and bars, a spa, and Hydro-Grid clay tennis courts proffer plenty of action without requiring guests to set foot outside the resort.
Palm Coast, Florida: Marine Adventure Near Sites Rich with History
Hammock Beach lords over Palm Coast, close to St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, with the bright lights of Orlando a 90-minute drive away. At a famous nearby oceanarium, visitors can watch bottlenose dolphins and even swim with the playful, trained creatures for an unforgettable up-close encounter. A walking culinary tour of St. Augustine, which rewards amblers with mouthfuls of local specialties, offers a tasty and informative way of getting to know the historic city. Wanderers can work off the calories by climbing the steps of the striking St. Augustine lighthouse and marveling at views of the oldest port in America.
Also located nearby is the Kennedy Space Center, the world’s only public space-launch area, where NASA sent shuttles into the stratosphere in front of thousands of spectators. Rumbling stomachs, empty after a day spent sky-gazing, find themselves presented with plenty of restaurant options, from casual, laid-back tapas to fresh, local seafood artfully prepared in romantic spots close to the resort.
How to Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Call Hammock Beach Resort or go online by 10/31/11.
- Choose a date between 8/21/11 and 2/17/12.
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit-card info.
- Open-air balcony with ocean view equipped with tables and chairs
- King or queen bed
- Marble entryway
- Walk-in shower with granite vanity
- Oversize desk with high-speed Internet
- Television with DVD player
- Mini fridge and coffeemaker
- Cordless dual-line phone
- In-room safe
- Rates based upon double occupancy
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: Complimentary valet parking available
- Additional occupants: Oceanview room has a two-person maximum, but for $50 per night guests can upgrade to a Studio room, which has a four-person maximum.
- Rollaways: Free, but max occupancy applies
- Smoking policy: No smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: Pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: Handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: May upgrade to Studio room for $50 per night
What It's Worth
- Two night stay in an Oceanview room in the Lodge (Up to $220 value per night)
- Full breakfast for two at Atlantic Grille each day (a $50 value per meal)
Total value: Up to $540
- Tennis courts, indoor pool, fitness center, and business center
- Separate kids’ activities
- 24-hour concierge service
- Complimentary valet service
- In-house restaurants and bars
- Complimentary WiFi
- Promotional value expires Oct 31, 2011. Amount paid never expires.
- Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per visit
- Subject to availability
- Must book by 10/31/11, must travel by 2/17/12
- 14-day cancellation notice required in writing or fee up to Groupon price may apply
- Not valid 9/2/11-9/5/11 or 12/22/11-1/1/12
- Resort fees not included
- Valid only for Lodge Oceanview room
- Must be 21 or older to check in or out
- Credit card and/or ID required at check-in
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hammock Beach Resort
- By plane: Orlando International Airport (MCO) or Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- By car: About 2 miles from I-95, exit #289