2-Night Stay in Your Choice of B&Bs
With this voucher, you’ll spend 2 nights at one of two separate bed and breakfasts in the Finger Lakes area. The surrounding area abounds with opportunities for food and drink tastings—take your pick of wine, chocolate, beer, spirits, or cheese. With this Getaway, you’ll get a chocolate and wine tasting for two at Hunt Country Vineyards; and a VIP Escape pass with tastings for two at wineries, breweries, and cheese makers near Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, and Keuka Lake. For further details on the wine package and availability, click here.
Inn at a Glance: Los Gatos Bed & Breakfast
Located near the village of Penn Yan and just minutes from the Keuka Lake Wine Trail, Seneca Lake Wine Trail, and Cayuga Wine Trail, Los Gatos Bed & Breakfast is a modern, solar-powered home featuring three rooms in the main house and two log cabins. It has lovely views of the rolling hills of Penn Yan; wander the gardens and orchards and relax on the deck with a glass of local wine.
- Award-winning breakfasts feature farm-to-table ingredients and dishes such as cinnamon-swirl French toast with apple cider syrup, made-from-scratch Belgian waffles, and eggs.
- Blue and Sage rooms have attached private bathrooms and are serene and restful, with grand, carved beds and hand-stitched Mennonite quilts.
- Common areas include a fire pit, enclosed sun room, and large telescope for star tours on clear nights.
Inn at a Glance: Barrister’s Bed and Breakfast
Barrister’s Bed and Breakfast is a stately village inn located between two wine trails. You can walk to Seneca Falls from here, but you may not want to leave the property, which has comfy wide porches and antique interiors.
- Lavish breakfasts: Menu items include almond-crusted French toast and ham-and-cheese roulade, in addition to fresh coffee and assorted teas.
- The Yellow Rose room is romantic, with floral wallpaper and rugs, an old-fashioned quilt, and its own bathroom.
- The Cottage and Grace Yawger rooms are peaceful retreats; the Cottage room features a jetted tub, and the Grace Yawger room an oversize shower.
New York’s Finger Lakes: Rolling Vineyards, Deep Gorges, and More than 1,000 Waterfalls
The Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York gets its name from 11 long, thin lakes that were forged by glaciers thousands of years ago. The upheaval created breathtaking geography—more than 1,000 waterfalls spill down the sides of the area’s famous rocky gorges.
Take in more of the “gorges” scenery while enjoying the region’s outdoor activities. Fishing, boating, and hiking are its biggest draws—head to Watkins Glen State Park to follow a 2-mile trail past 19 waterfalls—along with more than 100 wineries. You can sample award-winning rieslings on wine trails that ring Canandaigua, Cayuga, Keuka, and Seneca Lakes.