2-Night Stay in Your Choice of B&Bs
With this Groupon, you’ll stay for two nights at one of three separate bed and breakfasts in the Finger Lakes area. The surrounding area abounds with opportunities for food and drink tastings, whether it be wine, chocolate, beer, or cheese. With this getaway, you’ll get a wine passport for two to Three Brothers Wineries and Estates, a chocolate and wine tasting for two at Hunt Country Vineyards, and a VIP Escape pass valid for tastings for two at wineries, breweries, and cheese makers near Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, and Keuka Lake. For further details on the wine package and availability, click here.
Hotel at a Glance: Los Gatos Bed and Breakfast
On one hand, Los Gatos Bed and Breakfast is a throwback—it has onsite log cabins and chicken coops. But it’s also a modern, solar-powered home. It has lovely views of the rolling hills of Penn Yan; wander the gardens and orchards and relax on the deck with a glass of local wine.
- Award-winning breakfasts featuring farm-to-table ingredients and dishes such as baked omelets, poached pears, and Scottish morning rolls
- Blue and Sage rooms have attached private bathrooms and are serene and restful, with grand, carved beds and hand-stitched Mennonite quilts.
- Common areas include a fire pit, enclosed sun room, and gazebo for enjoying warmer weather.
Hotel at a Glance: Barrister’s Bed and Breakfast
Featured in HGTV’s If Walls Could Talk, Barrister’s Bed and Breakfast is a brick village inn located between two wine trails. You can walk to Seneca Falls from here, but you may not want to leave the property, which has comfy wide porches and antique interiors.
- Lavish breakfasts include menu items such as almond-crusted french toast and ham and cheese roulade.
- The Yellow Rose Room is romantic, with floral wallpaper and rugs, an old-fashioned quilt, and its own bathroom.
Hotel at a Glance: Abner Adams House Bed and Breakfast
The Abner Adams House Bed and Breakfast was built in 1810 and has been carefully restored. Kick back in a hammock under the black walnut trees and curl up with a book in one of the many nooks found all over the house.
- Homemade pastries and bacon, along with dishes such as omelets and fruit are all part of the breakfast experience here. The inn offers lactose- and gluten-free menu items as well.
- Nana’s Nook and Grandma’s Garden rooms feature antiques and floral decor, along with vintage pictures and luxurious bathrooms.
- Lounge around on the inn’s overstuffed furniture, play a game, or borrow a book in the Keeping Room.
Finger Lakes, New York: Rolling Vineyards, Deep Gorges, and More than 1,000 Waterfalls
Upstate New York’s Finger Lakes region gets its name from the 11 long, thin lakes that were forged here by glaciers thousands of years ago. The upheaval created breathtaking geography—more than 1,000 waterfalls spill down the sides of the area’s famous rocky gorges.
In nearby Ithaca, travelers can commemorate the rugged setting with a souvenir T-shirt that proclaims “Ithaca is Gorges.” Ithaca borders the longest of the Finger Lakes, Cayuga Lake, and offers postcard-worthy views at the 100-foot-tall Ithaca Falls.
Ithaca is also home to Cornell University, one of New York’s two Ivy League schools. Like many of the villages in the area, downtown Ithaca’s historical buildings house bistros, boutiques, and taverns that serve local wine from the Cayuga Wine Trail.