Lakefront Spa Resort with Hunting, Fishing, and Farms
At Flat Creek Lodge, quail, white-tailed deer, and boar share a woodland habitat, and largemouth bass and bluegill live in nearby spring-fed lakes. The property—featured on Georgia Traveler—also includes a berry orchard and a herd of jersey dairy cows that contributes to award-winning cheeses. In many ways, guests at Flat Creek Lodge live off the land, but staying here hardly means roughing it: the eco-conscious resort features a spa, fine dining, and many leisure pursuits.
Flat Creek Lodge has earned tons of press, with praise heaped on the dairy farm's artisanal cheeses. The Dining Room's seasonal menu draws from its onsite harvests—here you can dine on pecan-crusted chicken with seasonal vegetables and pork chops in an apricot-cider reduction.
After a day of exploring the nearly 2,000-acre grounds, unwind in a standard lodge room. Local wildlife artwork hangs from rustic pine-plank walls, and a shared veranda overlooks the lake. For a bit more relaxation, hit the spa for a deep-tissue massage or a session in the cedar-lined sauna. The following morning, you can start the day off right with a hearty southern breakfast of bacon, eggs, and grits, included in this deal.
Optional Fishing Experience
As part of Option 2 of this deal, you can enjoy a half-day fishing experience. The three-hour trip includes the help of a guide, plus the pole and bait. You'll be able to take home up to five fish, and if you get them to the kitchen by 4 p.m., the chef will cook them for you (no fish cleaning is available).
Eastern Georgia: Hunting, Fishing, and State Parks
Although the resort is within 100 miles of Augusta and Savannah, there's so much to do at Flat Creek Lodge that you may not want to leave. In addition to bird and deer hunts, there's also a pair of state parks within an hour's drive: George L. Smith, famous for its 1880 gristmill; and Magnolia Springs, home to turtles, alligators, and escaped mascots.
What You Get
2-night stay for two
- Option 1: $179 to stay in a lodge room (up to a $350 value)
- Option 2: $229 to stay in a lodge room with half-day fishing experience for two (up to a $470 value)
Included in half-day fishing for two option:
- Three hours fishing with tackle and guide
- Allowed five fish to take home in personal cooler
- May have chef cook fish if received in kitchen by 4 p.m.
Policies and Fees
Book by: 8/8/14
Travel by: 9/15/14
- Blackout dates: 7/4
- Cancellation policy & fees: 7-day cancellation notice required or fee applicable to one-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 8% tax and 15% service fee not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Dining Wednesday–Sunday
- Onsite dairy farm and artisanal cheeses
- Hunting grounds and onsite kennels
- 240 acres of fishing ponds
- New full spa and fitness center
- Sporting clay shooting
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $12 per night for each additional guest 6 or older; kids 5 or younger stay free
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $25 per pet per night. Pets more than 15 lbs. need to be put in the Flat Creek Lodge kennel.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Nearest airport: Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV; 86 miles)
- Driving distance from Augusta: about 70 miles
- Driving distance from Savannah: about 95 miles
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Aug 8, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 8/8/14 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 9/15/14
- Not valid 7/4
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 7-day cancellation notice required or fee applicable to one-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 8% tax and 15% service fee not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Some activities are complimentary, but others—including guided hunts, gear rentals, bass fishing, and sporting clay shooting—cost extra.