Property at a Glance: Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Located just down the road from Heavenly Resort, Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village is a short jaunt from restaurants, nightlife, and outdoor fun in the community of South Lake Tahoe. Hop on the Heavenly Mountain Gondola for a scenic 2.4-mile ride to the top that boasts panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley. When you reach the top, explore the mountain on miles of rugged hiking and biking trails. Forest Suites Resort is also within walking distance of casinos and the lakefront, where you can swim, boat, and jet ski.
- Distance from the lake: 1 mile
- One- and two-bedroom suites feature full kitchens and large living rooms with sleeper sofas.
- Go swimming in two outdoor pools (open seasonally) and relax in two hot tubs.
- Eco-friendly practices: The resort stocks energy-efficient LED light bulbs and biodegradable Ecossential Elements soaps. Guests who decline daily housekeeping are rewarded with wine or snack packs.
- Stay fit: Guests can sign up for "green" fitness classes at Elevated Fitness, a carbon-neutral, human-powered facility that uses inverter-equipped spin bikes to supply 100% of the building's electricity.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake's clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe's various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.