Property at a Glance: Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Located just down the road from Heavenly Resort, Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village is a short jaunt from restaurants, nightlife, and outdoor fun in the community of South Lake Tahoe. Hop on the Heavenly Mountain Gondola for a scenic 2.4-mile ride to the top that boasts panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley. When you reach the top, explore the mountain on miles of rugged hiking and biking trails. Forest Suites Resort is also within walking distance of casinos and the lakefront, where you can swim, boat, and jet ski.
- Distance from the lake: 1 mile
- One- and two-bedroom suites feature full kitchens and large living rooms with sleeper sofas.
- Go swimming in two outdoor pools (open seasonally) and relax in two hot tubs.
- Eco-friendly practices: The resort stocks energy-efficient LED light bulbs and biodegradable Ecossential Elements soaps. Guests who decline daily housekeeping are rewarded with wine or snack packs.
- Stay fit: Guests can sign up for "green" fitness classes at Elevated Fitness, a carbon-neutral, human-powered facility that uses inverter-equipped spin bikes to supply 100% of the building's electricity.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake's clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe's various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.
What You Get
1-night stay, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday- or Saturday-night stays
- Option 1: $85 for a one-bedroom suite for four (up to a $139 value)
- Option 2: $99 for a two-bedroom suite for six (up to a $229 value)
2-night stay, valid for check-in Friday; not valid for Sunday- to Thursday-night stays
- Option 3: $189 for a one-bedroom suite for four (up to a $318 value)
- Option 4: $289 for a two-bedroom suite for six (up to a $498 value)
Policies and Fees
Book and travel by: 6/10/14
- Blackout dates: one-bedroom options not valid 5/18, 5/23–5/25, 5/30–5/31, or 6/6–6/7/14; two-bedroom options not valid 5/18 or 5/23–5/25/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 10.07% tax and $3 nightly occupancy charge not included
- Additional fees: $12 daily resort fee not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Two outdoor pools (seasonal)
- Two hot tubs
- Midweek wine-and-cheese receptions
- Kids' activities
- One king bed and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- One king bed, one queen bed, and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: daily hot American buffet breakfast, WiFi, parking, access to daily activities
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearest airport: Reno-Tahoe International (RNO; 56 miles)
- Distance from Sacramento: 105 miles
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Jun 11, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book and complete travel by 6/10/14 or promo value expires
- 1BR options not valid 5/18, 5/23-5/25, 5/30-5/31, 6/6-6/7/14
- 2BR options not valid 5/18, 5/23-5/25/14
- Limit 10/person, may buy 10 additional as gifts
- Limit 10/visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 7-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Must use promo value in 1 visit
- Not valid w/ reward points
- $12 daily resort fee, $3/night occupancy charge, and 10.07% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.