Resort at a Glance: Fremont Jellystone Park
Fremont Jellystone Park was designed with the active family in mind. At this sprawling campground, you can make crafts in the arts-and-crafts center, explore nature trails, frolic on three playgrounds, or rent a pontoon boat to cruise nearby Partridge Lake. In the sports arena, play a game of tetherball, basketball, shuffleboard, or volleyball. Cool off with a ride down the 300-foot water slide that deposits riders in the swimming pool.
- Cabin amenities: Rustic cabins come with covered porches, heat, and air conditioning. Outside, you can cuddle up around the fire pit or enjoy a meal alfresco on the picnic table.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor pool or kiddie pool, open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Tee off on the 18-hole mini-golf course or challenge your family to a game of horseshoes.
- Rent a golf cart to tool around the expansive campground.
- Head to the general store to stock up on groceries and camping supplies.
- Go fishing: You can catch-and-release fish at the onsite Jellystone Pond or head to Partridge Lake to fish for bass, northern pike, walleye, and catfish. You can purchase fishing supplies at the onsite bait shop.
Fremont, Wisconsin: Quaint Town on the Banks of the Wolf River
Situated 60 miles southwest of Green Bay, Fremont neighbors the 990-acre Partridge Lake and freshwater Wolf River, hotbeds of outdoor recreation in the warmer months. Go fishing for walleye and white bass, or hop in an inner tube and let the Little Wolf River guide you downstream. The river also offers 30 miles of tranquil waters for canoeing, kayaking, and watersports. One of the most popular swimming holes is nearby Lake Poygan, where there’s a sandy-bottomed section of the lake surrounded by weed beds.