6-Day Vacation in Vibrant Barcelona
You’ll create your own itinerary during this vacation in Barcelona, the Catalonian capital on the Mediterranean Sea. The Getaway includes a hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus tour on either the blue, red, or green line, which will take you to top attractions such as Antoni Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia, an otherworldly basilica with eight towering spires, as well as the gingerbread houses, dragon sculptures, and elaborate towers of Park Guell. Along the way, you can explore sites on your own, such as the Dali Museum in Figueres or a mountaintop cathedral in Montserrat.
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from New York to Barcelona
- Arrival transfer
- Four nights standard accommodations at Hotel U232 Barcelona
- Daily breakfast
- One-day pass for a hop-on, hop-off city tour
City Highlights: Barcelona
- See works by master painters: The collection at the Picasso Museum is organized in chronological order, and the Joan Miro Foundation contains more than 225 paintings, 150 sculptures, and graphic pieces by the surrealist artist.
- Award-winning beaches: National Geographic named Barcelona the best beach city in the world in 2012, citing its eight white-sand beaches.
- La Boqueria: A local icon since 1840, this sprawling food market has more than 300 vendors selling Iberian ham, wild mushrooms, emu eggs, and creamy goat cheese.
- Party with the locals: in La Ribera neighborhood, renowned for its numerous bars and clubs, located 3 miles (5 km) from the hotel
Hotel U232 Barcelona
This 4-star hotel sits in the quiet Eixample neighborhood, where luxury boutiques and Gaudi’s surreal architecture converge on the Passeig de Gracia. After a day exploring the city, you can head up to the hotel’s 10th-floor terrace lounge to enjoy cocktails and jazz music, or retire to your comfy, contemporary guest room.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal
This deal is only available with departure from New York.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Early departures and/or late returns may be possible at a cost of $100 per person, plus any difference in airfare and additional services required, and are subject to availability. To book an early departure and/or late return, let Friendly Planet know and they’ll do their best to accommodate your request.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Technically, you should not be able to buy a Groupon for a sold out date or departure city.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Every passenger traveling is required to have one. Triple rooms are only available upon request.