10-Day Vietnam Sightseeing Tour
See Ho Chi Minh City’s historic Reunification Hall, cruise Halong Bay, and visit Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum on this 10-day tour of Vietnam, which includes guided excursions as well as time to explore on your own. There are also several optional tours, and you can extend your stay to include a tour of Bangkok, Thailand (additional fees apply). This trip includes the following:
- Round-trip airfare
- 2 nights at the New World Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 nights at the Sunrise Resort in Hoi An
- 1 night at the Halong Plaza Hotel in Halong Bay
- 2 nights at the Nikko Hotel in Hanoi
- All intra-Asia flights and ground transportation
- 8 meals, including daily buffet breakfast and one lunch
- Comprehensive touring program including entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking tour director and local guides<p>
We’ve listed several trip highlights below. Click here to see a detailed itinerary.<p>
Days 1–4: Ho Chi Minh City
After an included city tour of the city once known as Saigon, travelers enjoy a day of leisure with several available optional tours: culinary exploration and nightlife of Ho Chi Minh City via Vespa ($119 per person), or a boat tour of the Mekong Delta ($80 per person, includes lunch). The city tour includes the following main sites:
- Reunification Palace: Once the South Vietnamese presidential headquarters, the palace was stormed by North Vietnamese troops in 1975, bringing an end to the Vietnam War.
- Notre-Dame Basilica reflects the city’s French colonial roots, with its Romanesque spires and facade made of bricks imported from Marseilles.
- Thien Hau Pagoda: 19th-century temple honoring the goddess Thien Hau with carved friezes and statues
Days 5–6: Hoi An
The next stop is Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site perched on the shores of the South China Sea. You’ll make a stop along the way to check out some coastal attractions, including China Beach.
- Marble Mountains: feature marble and limestone caves and Buddhist carvings
- Hoi An Market: Locals sell colorful swaths of silk and imported spices from open-air stalls.
- Optional excursions: Tour the Cu Chi Tunnels before arriving in Hoi An, which played an integral role in the Vietnam War ($50 per person). Another optional tour visits My Son’s ancient sanctuaries and the former capital of the Champa kingdom ($40 per person). Take an optional walking tour for a more in-depth look at Hoi An ($31 per person).
Days 7–8: Halong Bay
Head north to Halong by way of the Red River Delta. Some leisure time precedes the following day’s adventure on the bay, which is included in the trip.
- 5-hour Halong Bay Cruise: A private boat cruises between grassy limestone formations in Halong Bay. Thousands of small islands were said to have been formed by a dragon that crashed into the bay. A fresh seafood lunch is served on the cruise.
Days 9–10: Hanoi
The tour wraps up in Hanoi, Vietnam’s vibrant capital city. You’ll have two days to check out cultural landmarks such as the Museum of Ethnology. The following sites are included with the trip:
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum: The body of former Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh lies in state inside a glass casket.
- One Pillar Pagoda: A feeling of tranquility suffuses this wooden pagoda perched on a single pillar above a pond full of lotuses.
- Hoa Lo Prison held several POWs during the war, including U.S. Senator John McCain. The guillotine and underground tunnels serve as a chilling reminder of the country’s troubled past.
- Optional excursion: See Hanoi’s historic district from a three-wheeled cyclo before catching a traditional water puppet show ($50 per person).<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
This deal is only available with departure from Los Angeles (LAX).<p> Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Early departures and/or late returns may be possible at a cost of $100 per person, plus any difference in airfare and additional services required, and are subject to availability. To book an early departure and/or late return, let Friendly Planet know and they’ll do their best to accommodate your request.<p> How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.<p> What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
Technically, you should not be able to buy a Groupon for a sold out date or departure city. <p> Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Every passenger traveling is required to have one. Triple rooms are only available upon request.<p>