10-Day Tour of Amazon and Machu Picchu
With this 10-day tour of Ecuador and Peru, you’ll delve into the Amazon rainforest, see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, then board a Vistadome train set for Machu Picchu. The tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA), New York (JFK), and Los Angeles (LAX)
- All intra-flights, transfers, and ground transportation
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the 4-star Radisson Royal Quito
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the Casa del Suizo
- 1 night of standard accommodations at the 4-star Atton San Isidro
- 1 night of standard accommodations at the 4-star Casa Andina Private Collection Sacred Valley or 4-star Sonesta Posadas del Inca Yucay
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the 4-star Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco or Sonesta Cusco
- Vistadome train to/from Machu Picchu
- 14 meals: breakfast daily plus 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Comprehensive guided sightseeing tours, including entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking tour guides
Click here to view the full itinerary.
Quito: Colonial Architecture Near the Equator
A tour of Ecuador’s capital—a UNESCO World Heritage Site in and of itself—spotlights its historic colonial churches and the more contemporary Legislative Palace, and takes you to the Equatorial Monument, where French geographer Charles Marie de la Condamine first established the equator.
- Old Town: Walk down cobblestone streets in this neighborhood as they lead to plazas lined with colonial churches and street vendors selling souvenirs, roasted pigs, and exotic fruits.
- Monastery of San Francisco: This 16th-century church is Ecuador’s oldest. The interior features intricate Baroque accents and colonial artwork, including the famous Virgin of Quito statue.
Napo River: Exotic Wildlife Deep in the Amazon
You’ll hike through a dense patch of jungle near the Napo River before embarking on one of two adventures below.
- AmaZOOnico—this wildlife rescue center nurses exotic animals back to health after they’ve been traumatized, injured, or orphaned.
- Napo River Rafting trip—learn how to build a raft from balsa logs and then float down the river.
Sacred Valley of the Incas
From the Ecuadorian Amazon your magical journey continues to Peru and the heart of the Inca Empire, the Sacred Valley.
- Pisac: The colorful market in this Andean village is filled with antiques, handwoven ponchos, and carved gourds.
- Ollantaytambo: This Peruvian archaeological site features stone ruins of ancient Incan temples and fortresses that stand more than 9,000 feet in elevation.
- Machu Picchu: The legendary city’s steppe-style terraces are seamlessly carved into the hillside on which it’s perched. Hundreds of buildings and temples were constructed here in the 15th century, but were not rediscovered until 1911.
Cusco: Historic Incan Capital
Located at an elevation of more than 11,000 feet, this Peruvian city in the Andes Mountains served as the capital of the Incan Empire. A tour will explore some of the ancient relics firsthand.
- Plaza de Armas has been a significant public space in Cusco for more than five centuries. It’s home to Incan cathedrals, churches, and an ornate fountain.
- Koricancha was an important temple dedicated to the Incan sun god. During the heyday of the Incan Empire, the temple was literally covered with gold, but after the arrival of the Spanish conquistadors, all the gold was taken back to Spain as treasure.
The final stop is Lima, Peru’s official capital and its most populous city, where you’ll see historic monuments, including the Archbishop’s Palace. You’ll take a panoramic tour of the city before a farewell dinner.
- Monastery of San Francisco presents a striking example of Moorish architecture with its domed towers and ceramic tiles or azuelos.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? This deal is only available with departures from Miami (MIA), New York (JFK), or Los Angeles (LAX).
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Unfortunately, early departures and late returns are not possible on this tour.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If your requested date is available for purchase on Groupon’s site, it should still be available.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Every passenger traveling is required to have one. Triple rooms are only available upon request.