10-Day Tour Explores Ecuador’s Rainforests and Ruins
Experience Ecuador’s colonial capital city and tour the Amazon rainforest on this 10-day trip, which includes guided tours, leisure time, and optional side trips.
This tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare from MIA (alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.)
- 3 nights in Quito
- 1 night in Otavalo
- 1 night in Papallacta
- 2 nights in Punta Ahuano (Amazon)
- 1 night in Patate
- 1 night in Cotopaxi
- Hotel porterage and transfers
- 19 meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- Entrance fees and sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager and local guides throughout.<p>
View the full itinerary here.
Days 1–2: Quito
You’ll have a little leisure time before heading out for guided tours of the nearby attractions.
- Mindo Cloud Forest: This nearly 50,000-acre jungle shelters toucans and the elusive quetzal bird.
- Pululahua Volcano is one of the earth’s only known inhabited calderas; it blooms with orchids and tropical plants, watered by a dark fog that shrouds peak daily.
- El Pahuma Orchid Reserve is home to rare orchids, waterfalls, and a hummingbird sanctuary.
- Middle of the World Monument: It’s popular to snap pics from atop this famous monument—it marks what was thought to be the equator, which is just a couple hundred meters away.
Days 3–4: Otavalo
The tour stops off at a breathtaking waterfall in Paguche before settling down in Otavalo.
- Otavalo Market:At this massive open-air market, locals sell everything from fresh pineapples to homemade alpaca scarves and live llamas. Next is nearby Cotacachi, known for its leather goods.
- Papallacta hot springs get their healing warmth from the two volcanoes that border the city on each side. The temps here hover around 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Days 5–6: Amazon Rainforest
Take a short canoe ride to the Amazon lodge, your residence for the next two days.
- Ahuano: At this small village, you’ll get a glimpse into the life of a local Quechua family.
- The Napo River Hike takes you through the rainforest via hanging bridges, then back to the river via a raft made of balsa wood
Days 7–10: Cotopaxi, Quito Tour
En route to Cotopaxi, the tour visits the villages of Banos and Patate to watch a jewelry making demonstration and see the mighty Devil’s Cauldron waterfall.
- Cotopaxi: Check out a local rose plantation, see artisans making drums from sheepskin, and visit a dairy farm
- A Quito city tour spotlights the city’s colonial architecture, which dates back to the 16th century; you’ll see government landmarks and the one of the city’s historic churches
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly form an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room; however, there are limits as to how many people per room.