Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- All transfers
- Sightseeing per itinerary in a modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (8 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Abba Berlin Hotel or Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz Hotel in Berlin
- 2 nights of accommodations at The Westin Bellevue, Dresden in Dresden
- 2 nights of accommodations at Mercure Hotel Wuerzburg am Mainufer in Wurzburg
- 2 nights of accommodations at Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central or Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel in Munich
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
Attractions & Meals
- 11 meals; 8 breakfasts and 3 dinners
- Entrance fees per itinerary included
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Germany’s cities are surrounded by towns that look like something plucked from a fairy tale. Add crisp winter weather and a dusting of snow, and it’s a truly magical sight. You’ll experience the best of both worlds over the holiday season with this 10-day tour from Gate 1 Travel, which takes you from the busy cities of Berlin and Munich to the bucolic villages and picturesque towns of Bavaria. Along the way, you’ll stop at Christmas markets where you can shop for trinkets and sip mulled wine.
- Day 1: Take an overnight flight to Germany.
- Day 2: Arrive in Berlin.
- Day 3: See Brandenburg Gate and Christmas trees lining Kurfurstendamm avenue on a tour of Berlin.
- Day 4: View Potsdam’s Sanssouci and Cecilienhof Palaces before stopping at Leipzig’s Christmas market and heading to Dresden.
- Day 5: Admire the jewels of Saxon kings in Dresden, where you’ll have time to visit its Christmas market on your own.
- Day 6: Admire the scenic backdrop of Baroque architecture while exploring the Wurzburg Christmas Market.
- Day 7: Explore the history and markets of Nuremberg.
- Day 8: Stroll around Marienplatz square during a tour of Munich.
- Day 9: Use this free day in Munich to shop at the city’s Christmas market.
- Day 10: Fly back to the United States.
Based on Tuesday departure. The itinerary changes depending on the day of the departure.
Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; must be 8 years or older to travel and a voucher is required
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Berlin tour including the East Side Gallery and the Topography of Terror on day 3 ($49/person)
- Bavarian dinner with a visit to the Munich Hofbräuhaus on day 8 ($79/person)
- Tour of Linderhof Palace and the town of Oberammergau on day 9 ($64/person)