Flights & Transportation:
- Airfare from New York City to Capetown and Johannesburg to New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Flight from Cape Town to Durban
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- All transfers
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (10 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Protea Hotel Victoria Junction or Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence in Cape Town
- 1 night of accommodations at Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safari in Hluhluwe
- 1 night of accommodations at Mountain Inn in Mbabane or Happy Valley Hotel in Ezulwini
- 2 nights of accommodations at Protea Hotel Hazyview in Hazyview or Premier Hotel The Winkler in White River
- 2 nights of accommodations at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch in Johannesburg
Attractions & Meals
- 18 meals; 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 5 dinners
- Game drives in modern 10-seater safari vehicles (must be 12 years or older)
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
In between tours of the bustling cities of Cape Town and Johannesburg, you’ll get to explore South Africa’s natural landscapes. That includes game drives in parks that are home to the Big Five: lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards, and rhinos.
Note: your itinerary will change depending on the day of the week you depart.
- Day 1: Board overnight flight to South Africa.
- Day 2: Arrive in Cape Town.
- Day 3: Take a tour of Cape Town, then ride a cable car to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting).
- Day 4: Tour the Cape Peninsula to spot wildlife such as baboons and zebras, and see the penguins of Boulders Beach.
- Day 5: Enjoy a day at leisure in Cape Town.
- Day 6: Fly to Durban, then drive to St. Lucia for a game-viewing cruise.
- Day 7: Join a game drive at Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve to see rhinos and other animals, then shop at a market in eSwatini.
- Day 8: Visit the Ngwenya glass factory and enjoy Swati food and music at the Matsamo Cultural Village.
- Day 9: Go on a game drive in Kruger National Park.
- Day 10: Travel along the Panorama Route to see waterfalls and other natural wonders en route to Johannesburg.
- Day 11: Tour the Soweto neighborhood in Johannesburg, including Nelson Mandela’s former home and the Apartheid Museum.
- Day 12: Fly back to the United States.
Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; must be 8 years or older to travel and a voucher is required
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Home-cooked dinner and wine with a local family on day 4 ($68/person)
- The Daily Music Show with dinner on day 5 ($51/person)
- Full-day cage dive with great white sharks on day 5 ($239/person)
- Full-day Cape Winelands tour with tasting on day 5 ($70/person)