What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
- Call Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $350 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Spanish
- Currency: U.S. dollar
- One Groupon per person
8-Day Tour of Ecuador and The Amazon Rainforest
You’ll see the cultural landmarks of Ecuador’s capital city of Quito as well as raft, hike, and zipline through the Amazon rainforest on this 8-day trip from Gate 1 Travel. This tour includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from Miami (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale (FLL) (determined at time of booking)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in a modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Round-trip transfers
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (7 nights)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hilton Colon Quito in Quito
- 1 night of accommodations at Cabanas del Lago or Puertolago Country Inn in Otavalo
- 1 night of accommodations at Termas de Papallacta in Papallacta
- 2 nights of accommodations at La Casa del Suizo in Punta Ahuano (Amazon)
- 1 night of accommodations at Hacienda Manteles in Baños
- Hotel porterage
Attractions & Meals
- 16 meals; 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 5 dinners
- Entrance fees per itinerary included
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Termas de Papallacta spa package ($50/person)
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Arrive in Quito for day of leisure
- Day 2: City tour of Quito and welcome dinner
- Day 3: Otavalo market tour, arrive at Papallacta
- Day 4: Transfer to Amazon lodge, meet native family
- Day 5: Full day of Amazon hiking, ziplining, and adventure
- Day 6: Tour thermal-bath town of Baños
- Day 7: Visit rose plantation, lunch at Hacienda La Cienega
- Day 8: Depart for United States
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to the My Groupons section of your account and select View Voucher for Gate 1 Travel contact and redemption instructions. Book by 10/11/16.
Each person must buy a Groupon; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $350 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from Miami (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale (FLL); determined at time of booking. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Gate 1 Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Each person, including children, will need a Groupon voucher in order to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.
- Promotional value expires Oct 11, 2016. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 10/11/16 or promo value expires
- Limit 2 person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 per person to cancel; 61-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- $350 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters
- Departs from Miami (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale (FLL); determined at time of booking.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.