9-Day Tour of Paris, Tours, and Bayeux
During this 9-day trip to France, you'll begin and end your trip in Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triomphe, and the Cathedral of Notre Dame along the way. But you'll also explore the France outside its famed capital, including the spectacular island of Mont. St. Michel and the Normandy beaches where Allied troops landed on D-Day. Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 3 nights accommodations at the 4-star Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
- 2 nights accommodations at Hotel De L'Univers in Tours
- 2 nights accommodations in Bayeux
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners, including wine and mineral water at dinner
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in Paris
- Click here from a complete list of inclusions.
Days 1–3: Paris and the Loire Valley
After an overnight flight, a welcome drink should help you settle into your 4-star accommodations in France's capital city. On Day 3, you'll drive outside Paris for a sightseeing tour of Chartres Cathedral and a trip to the Chateau de Chambord.
- Chartres Cathedral: France's largest Gothic cathedral boasts a world-class collection of stained-glass windows
- Chateau de Chambord: Built for Francois I in the 16h century by 1,600 workers and stonemasons, the palace is the Loire Valley's largest residence. Lonely Planet says "For full-blown château splendour, you can't top Chambord, one of the crowning examples of French Renaissance architecture."
- Wine tasting: Sample vino from the world-renowned Loire Valley before departing for Tours
Days 4–5: Tours and Bayeux
The tour continues into the Loire Valley, with a visit to the Chateau de Chenonceau, a guided tour of the Royal Chateaud'Amboise, and an exploration of the Le Mont St. Michel, an island town that rises out of the sea.
- Chateau de Chenonceau: The gorgeous chateau features the handiwork of Diane de Poitiers, a mistress of Henry II, including regal gardens and a series of arches that bridge the River Cher
- Royal Chateau d'Amboise: Renaissance devotee King Francois I's castle was also the gravesite of Leonardo da Vinci
- Le Mont St. Michel: Jutting out of the sea, this iconic town has narrow streets, picturesque views of the bay, and an abbey that dates to the 10th century
Day 6: The Beaches of Normandy
Next year will mark the 70th anniversary of D-Day, when 160,000 Allied troops landed on the beaches of Normandy in the largest amphibious invasion in world history. You'll spend the day exploring Normandy's beaches, including a visit to St. Mere Eglise on Utah Beach, where the invasion took place on June 6, 1944.
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial: Spanning 172 acres, the cemetery contains the graves of 9,387 American soldiers.
Days 7–9: Giverny and Paris
On the return trip to Paris, the tour stops at the Claude Monet house in Giverny. The following day, you'll explore the City of Light on a morning tour, with the afternoon to be enjoyed at your leisure.
- Claude Monet house: Monet lived at this residence for 43 years, and its gardens inspired his work—be sure to look for the water lilies.
- Guided tour of Paris: Stops include a drive along the Champs Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe, a view of the Eiffel Tower, the Cathedral of Notre Dame, Napoleon's Tomb, the Latin Quarter, and the Opera District.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly form an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room; however, there are limits as to how many people per room. Children must be 8 or older on this tour.