9-Day Tour of France
You’ll spend this 9-day trip from Gate 1 Travel in France, beginning with an introductory tour of Paris. Then you’ll head into the countryside, where you’ll stand on Normandy Beach, see the Bayeux Tapestry up close, and tour massive chateaus in the Loire Valley. All options include:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (gateway subject to availability); alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee
- 3-night stay at Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel (or similar hotel) in Paris
- 1-night stay at Hotel Novotel Bayeux (or similar) in Bayeux
- 1-night stay at Hotel Mercure Mont Saint Michel (or similar) in Le Mont Saint Michel
- 2-night stay at Alliance Hotel Tours Centre (or similar) in Tours
- Hotel taxes, fees, and service charges
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in Paris and Amboise
View the full itinerary here.
Days 1–3: Paris
Your trip begins in the legendary City of Light. The included sightseeing tour will introduce you to many of the most notable attractions, including the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Left Bank arts district, and the Sorbonne.
- The Louvre: It’s crowded, overwhelming, and so worth it. During your free time in Paris, lay your eyes on masterpieces including the Mona Lisa, the Winged Victory of Samothrace, and the Venus de Milo.
- Cruise the Seine to see the city all lit up at night.
- Optional tours: Walk through one of the world’s most opulent palaces, Versailles ($92/person), or head to Montmartre to see the Basilica of Sacre Coeur ($45/person)
- Hotel: Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel or similar
Days 4–5: Bayeux and Mont Saint-Michel
Next, the group heads to Normandy beach, where Allied troops landed on June 6, 1944 during the D-Day invasion of World War II. This year marks the 70th anniversary of that battle. The day after you pay your respects there, you’ll take a trip to see the Bayeux Tapestry, a 230-foot-long embroidered cloth depicting events prior to the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.
- Omaha Beach: Visit the American Cemetery, where thousands of U.S. troops were laid to rest after D-Day.
- Mont St. Michel: This castle and its 10th-century abbey occupy an isolated island surrounded by a medieval sea wall.
- Hotels: Hotel Novotel Bayeux (or similar) in Bayeux and Hotel Mercure Mont Saint Michel (or similar) in Mont Saint-Michel
Days 6–7: Tours
From here, you’ll head south to the Loire Valley to go wine tasting and explore several historic chateaus.
- Chateau de Chenonceau: At this elaborate chateau spanning the river Cher, you’ll find elegant rooms and elaborate gardens inhabited by donkeys, pigeons, and ducks.
- Amboise: The village’s Royal Chateau d’Amboise was once the home of King Francois I, who’s credited with bringing the Renaissance to France (he once invited Leonardo da Vinci to his court).
- Largest home in the valley: The stately Chateau de Chambord dates back to the 16th century; it took more than 1,800 men to build.
- Optional tour: Enjoy dinner in a troglodyte cave on the outskirts of town ($75/person).
- Hotel: Alliance Hotel Tours Centre or similar
Days 8–9: Paris
You’ll return to Paris for the last leg of the trip, passing through the medieval city of Chartres, where you’ll stop at the famous Cathedral of Our Lady of Chartres, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built in 1020. It’s known for its outstanding stained-glass windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booking based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher.