5-Day Iceland Vacation with Northern Lights Viewing
Despite its name and northerly location, much of Iceland’s landscape is carpeted in greenery. This vacation puts you in Reykjavik, the heart of Iceland and the northernmost capital city on earth. There’s no set itinerary, so travelers can spend most of the tour exploring the Icelandic landscape at their own pace. This tour includes a nighttime tour to see the breathtaking Northern Lights.
Included in this vacation:
- Round-trip airfare
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Best Western Hotel Reykjavik, Bjork Hotel, Hotel Plaza, Hotel Arnarhvoll, or Hotel Natura, depending on option purchased
- Daily breakfast
- Northern Lights Evening Tour
- Click here for an itinerary<p>
Below, we’ve highlighted some of our favorite spots in and around Reykjavik.
- Hallgrimskirkja a Lutheran church with unusual modern structural elements, standing at nearly 250 feet in downtown Reykjavik; from up here, you can get expansive of the capital’s cityscape. An elaborate 25-ton organ dominates the interior.
- Culture House is a deep dive into Icelandic lore, featuring exhibits on medieval writings, Norse mythology, and the Poetic Edda manuscript, which inspired Tolkien’s dwarf characters in The Hobbit.
- Gulfloss is about an hour and a half from Reykjavik, but it’s worth the journey. These white-capped falls cascade down two ledges surrounded by carpeted green hillsides.
- Nauthólsvík Beach: As the weather gets colder, the hot pools around this lagoon stay warm; in fact, they stay that way year round, as the ocean water is mixed with hot geothermic water.
- Local lingo: “Hvernig segir maður … á íslensku?” which means, “How do you say…?” in Icelandic
- Icelandic eats: Pylsur, Iceland’s popular lamb hot dog, is best ordered topped with sweet mustard and deep fried onions. Arctic salmon and lobster are often feature heavily on menus.<p>
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Gate 1 Travel is unable to accommodate extensions for this deal.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1-(800)-682-3333.