See the Taj Mahal on 9-Day Tour of India
This 9-day escorted tour of northern India will bring you to the capital city of New Delhi and its iconic historical center, Old Delhi, before heading off to Jaipur and finishing in Agra. You’ll see the Taj Mahal, journey to Amer’s Amber Fort by jeep or elephant, and have plenty of free time to explore, all while being escorted along your adventure by an English-speaking guide. Click here to view the complete itinerary. This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK)
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 2 nights’ accommodations at 4.5-star The Park New Delhi or similar
- 2 nights’ accommodations at 4-star Ramada Jaipur or similar
- 2 nights’ accommodations at 4.5-star Trident Agra Hotel or similar
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Hotel taxes, fees, and service charges
Days 1–3: Delhi
You’ll arrive in Delhi, check into the 4.5-star Park New Delhi. The next day, embark on a rickshaw tour of the historical district. You’ll see the centuries-old Chandni Chowk marketplace, where glimmering lanterns and colorful textiles hang from incense-heavy vendor stalls. Along the way, you’ll also see India’s biggest mosque, Jama Masjid, a 17th-century structure with five stories of marble and sandstone. You’ll visit the official residence and museum of Mahatma Gandhi, where he spent the last 144 days of his life, and take in UNESCO World Heritage Site Humayun’s Tomb, India’s earliest surviving garden tomb and precursor to the Taj Mahal.
Days 4–5: Jaipur
The tour ventures south to Jaipur, stopping en route at Qutab Minar, a 230-foot minaret dating back to the 12th century. This free-standing brick tower will be a sharp contrast to the distinctive pink terra-cotta facades you’ll see in Jaipur, a city of 3 million people southwest of Delhi. You’ll spend two days in this “Pink City,” highlighted by a visit to Amber Fort, a red sandstone and marble fortress that you’ll reach via an elephant ride (if available). You’ll have free time to explore in Jaipur, where you can shop for the brilliant local silks, embroidery, and carpets the town is famous for. An optional evening in the city includes dining in a local restaurant with a traditional dance performance.
Days 6–7: Agra, Taj Majal
Next up is Agra, primarily known for the dazzling Taj Mahal. You’ll visit the marble palace later, but first the tour stops en route at the Chand Baori in Abhaneri, a 9th-century stepwell with 3,500 steps. The tour’s highlight is a visit to the Taj Mahal, a massive marble mausoleum and arguably the world’s most-decadent monument (it was built by a Mughal emperor in memory of his wife). It took two decades to construct this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Both the façade and interior are studded with ornate calligraphy, precious jade, and agate jewels. Afterward, you can take an optional trip to the Agra Fort, a red-sandstone fort dating back to the 16th century (extra fee for this optional trip).
Days 8–9: Delhi and Home
You’ll depart Agra and head back to Delhi. After a festive farewell dinner, you’ll be transferred to the airport for an overnight flight home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher.