What You Get
- 9-day/7-night tour of Israel with airfare
- 18 options available, including departures in May, June, July, September, October, November, and December 2014 from NYC (specific gateways determined by availability).
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person and valid for a Travel with a Friend package (two Groupons required), or pay an additional $450 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 2/25/14
- Cancellation policy & fees: $200 fee to cancel. 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Taxes: Tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply/vary by carrier
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
9-Day Tour of Israel
This 9-day guided tour of Jerusalem, Tiberias, and Tel Aviv takes you to iconic sites including Mount Zion, the River Jordan, and the Church of the Annunciation. See the full itinerary here: The trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee)
- 4-night stay at Prima Royale Hotel in Jerusalem
- 2-night stay at Royal Plaza Hotel Tiberias
- 1-night stay at Tal Hotel in Tel Aviv
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager per itinerary
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Days 1–5: Jerusalem
On day 3, you’ll take a half-day walking tour of Jerusalem’s Old City, encompassing Jewish, Armenian, Christian, and Muslim architectural and cultural districts.
- See King David’s tomb at Mount Zion, which was also the site of Christ’s Last Supper.
- The Israel Museum houses the Dead Sea Scrolls and other ancient manuscripts.
- Eat like a local at the Mahane Yehuda Market’s stalls or in the kosher restaurants of the city’s German Colony.
Days 6–7: Beit She’an & Tiberias
Next, the tour heads north to the city of Beit She’an in the Jordan River Valley.
- See ancient ruins of theaters, bathhouses, and stone columns at the Beit She’an archaeological site.
- Explore the abandoned fishing village of Capernaum along the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus preached to his disciples. Highlights include the remnants of a 3rd- or 4th-century synagogue.
- Soak in natural hot springs in Tiberias. These pools are just one sign of the surrounding geothermal activity. Another is that many of the town’s older structures are made from black volcanic rock.
Days 8–9: Nazareth, Haifa, and Tel Aviv
Then you’ll make your way west towards the Mediterranean, stopping along the way in Nazareth.
- Church of the Annunciation: a basilica on the spot where, according to tradition, the angel Gabriel told Mary that she would give birth to Jesus
- Stock up on herbs and spices at el-Babour in Nazareth’s Old City.
- Baha’i Shrine and Gardens: 19 garden terraces encircling a shrine made from Italian marble; located in Haifa
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room; however, there are limits as to how many people per room. Triple rooms are available on this tour. Children must be 8 years old on this tour.<p>
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Feb 25, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 2/25/14 or promo value expires
- 2/person, +2 as gifts
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee to cancel
- 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Credit card req'd at booking/check-in
- Baggage fees may apply/vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Motor coaches not handicap-accessible
- $450 solo travel fee.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Tour of Israel with Airfare
- By plane: includes roundtrip airfare from NYC