This deal cannot be combined with any other promotional codes.
How to Book
- You will receive a confirmation email after your order has processed. After confirmation, you need to contact Gate 1 Travel to make a reservation. Go to the “My Groupons” section of your account and select “View Voucher” to see the redemption instructions. The instructions will have all the information you need to book your trip with Gate 1 Travel.
- Remember - this deal is priced based on two people sharing a room, so each traveler needs to buy a Groupon voucher.
8-Day Tour of Israeli Cities and Historical Landmarks
This 8-day tour of Israel from Gate 1 Travel starts off in Tel Aviv before heading to Tiberias and Jerusalem. Each trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Cinema Hotel in Tel Aviv
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Maagan Kibbutz Holiday Village beside the Sea of Galilee or Prima Galil Hotel in Tiberias
- 1/27/16, 2/10/16, 2/12/16, 2/14/16, and 2/24/16 options stay at Prima Galil, all other options stay at Kibbutz Maagan Holiday Village
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Prima Park Hotel in Jerusalem
- All transfers
- Six breakfasts, two dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- 1/6, 1/8, 1/9, 1/26, 1/27, 2/9, 2/10, 2/12, 2/13, 2/16, 2/23, 2/24, 2/29 departures will be accommodated at Prima Galil in Tiberias
Days 1–3: Arrival and Tel Aviv
After a long flight, you’ll arrive on day 2 in the cosmopolitan city of Tel Aviv, known as the White City for its numerous whitewashed Bauhaus-style buildings. You can use your first day here to explore on your own. Head to one of the eight major beaches or hip up local cafes for a cup of Israel’s famously strong coffee. A walking tour on day 3 covers all the major sights.
- Rabin Square: Formerly Kings of Israel Square, this large plaza was renamed after Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who was assassinated here in 1995.
- Explore the artists’ quarter in the ancient port city of Jaffa.
- On the way to Tiberias stop to see the impressive Byzantine and Roman ruins of Caesarea.
Day 4: Tiberias
Nestled on the shores of the storied Sea of Galilee, Tiberias is considered one of Judaism’s four holy cities. You’ll have the entire day to look around on your own.
- Admire modern sculptures at the Tiberias Open Air Museum located on a walkway near the shore.
- Hamat Tveriya National Park: Enjoy the fresh air and natural hot springs as well as 4th-century architecture at this park and archeological site.
- Optional $89 9-Hour Galilee and Golan Heights Tour with Lunch: You’ll drive to Safed, the epicenter of Kabbalah, where you’ll visit the artist’s colony and an ancient synagogue. In Golan Heights, tour the Mitzpe Gadot and have lunch at Kibbutz Gadot. Afterwards, you’ll visit the site of a former Israeli bunker and visit a kosher winery in Katzrin before returning to your hotel. This tour is not available for Wednesday departures.
Days 5–8: Jerusalem
On day 5, you’ll travel through the Jordan Valley to reach Jerusalem, a city of enormous religious, historical, and political significance. You’ll walk the same streets once traveled by kings, prophets, and crusaders alike. On your first day here, you can take an optional tour of the New City, which includes a stop at the impressive Israel Museum. Then on day 6 you’ll delve into the past with a tour of the walled Old City. Spend the following day exploring Jerusalem on your own before flying back to the US on the morning of day 8.
- Dead Sea Scrolls: These ancient texts on display at the Israel Museum date as far back as 408 BCE and contain important Hebrew scriptures.
- Dome of the Rock: The most recognizable building in Jerusalem, this temple features a gold-plated dome covering a slab of stone that’s sacred to both the Jewish and Muslim faiths.
- City of David: Though excavation began here in the 1850s, it continues to this day, unearthing architecture and artifacts from the Canaanite period.
- Optional $55 Day 5 4-Hour Jerusalem New City Tour: Visit the Supreme Court building and the Knesset, Israel’s Parliament. At the Israel Museum, you can view the Shrine of the Book which houses the Dead Sea Scrolls and other ancient manuscripts. To finish the day you’ll travel to the Mount of Remembrance to visit Yad Vashem, The Holocaust History Museum.
- Optional $33 Day 6 3-Hour Bethlehem Tour: You’ll visit the Church of the Nativity, which commemorates the birthplace of Jesus Christ before perusing local shops for souvenirs and olive wood handcrafts. Please note, Bethlehem is located 6-miles south of Jerusalem in the West Bank and governed by the Palestinian National Authority.
- Optional $69 Day 6 or 7 3-Hour Illuminated Jerusalem Dinner, Sound, and Light Show: You’ll start your evening with dinner at a popular restaurant. Next, you’ll drive to the Tower of David to attend the “Night Spectacular”, which uses music and virtual reality effects to tell the story of Jerusalem. This tour ends with a visit to the Western Wall.
- Optional $89 Day 7 9-Hour Masada and Dead Sea Tour: You’ll travel to the Judean Desert to visit Masada, an ancient fortress. Ride a cable car to the top to see many of the restored original structures such as the synagogue and storehouses. At the base, visit the Museum of Masada. Then, journey via Ein Gedi to the Dead Sea for a swim in the salty waters. End the day with a stop at the Ahava factory, known for its skin care products. Includes hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from New York City (JFK). The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is only available for travel on the dates listed.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers, including children, must purchase a Groupon voucher. Kids must be 8 or older to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.