9-Day Tour of Rome, Florence, and Venice
During this 9-day guided trip to Italy, you’ll see the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Sistine Chapel, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa along the way. You’ll explore Rome as well as the Italian countryside, including Tuscany’s spectacular scenery, the Island of Murano, and the Medieval city of Assisi. Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from NYC, gateway subject to availability
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee.
- 3 nights at 4-star NH Giustiniano in Rome
- 2 nights at 4-star Hotel Palazzo Ricasoli in Florence
- 2 nights at 4-star Hotel Papadopoli Venezia in Venice
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 7 breakfasts, 4 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Click here to view the full itinerary.
Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted.
Days 1–4: Rome
After an overnight flight, spend the day exploring and settling into your 4-star accommodations in the Eternal City. On Day 3, you’ll embark on a city tour that hits the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. On Day 4, it’s off to the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, followed by a Roman dinner with wine, music, and an illuminated city tour.
- The Colosseum: One of the Roman Empire’s great triumphs, the iconic amphitheater—the largest in the world—has been standing since 80 AD. Stand in its center and imagine tens of thousands of spectators filling the ancient stadium.
- Roman Forum: The heart of ancient Rome is this public square, full of statues and monuments, including the ruins of nine temples
- St. Peter’s Basilica: Visit the intricate church in Vatican City, home to Michelangelo’s Pieta statue. While in Vatican City, you’ll drop into the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s other masterpiece.<p>
Days 5–6: Florence
The tour departs Rome along the famous “SunRoute” motorway, which passes through the medieval city of Assisi en route to Florence. There you’ll take a city tour and see Michelangelo’s David, the city’s domed Duomo, and the open-air art museum of Signoria Square.
- David: Created around the year 1500, Michelangelo’s masterpiece statue today resides in the Florence’s Accademia Gallery
- Florence Baptistery: Also know as the Baptistery of St. John, the building is one of the oldest in Florence, renowned for its bronze doors.
Optional tour: Art in Florence
This optional tour explores Florence’s legendary fine arts, starting at the Uffizi Gallery—once the private collection of the Medici family. Master works from artists such as Giotto, Botticelli, and Leonardo da Vinci will be examined by a knowledgeable guide. Tour participation guarantees immediate entry to the Gallery, which can save hours of standing in line. ($65 per person)
Days 7–9: Pisa and Venice
After departing Florence, it’s onward to Tuscany, where the tour stops in Pisa to see its leaning tower. Afterwards, you’ll stop at an authentic Tuscan farm for a wine tasting. In Venice, you’ll take a boat tour to Murano, visit St. Mark’s Square, the Golden Basilica of San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, and the Doge’s Palace.
- Murano: A series of islands linked by bridges in the Venetian Lagoon, the area is recognized worldwide for its glass-making and lampworking businesses.
- Bridge of Sighs: Legend has it that lovers will be granted a happy fate should they manage to kiss on a gondola ride below this bridge at sunset when the bells of St Mark’s Campanile toll
- Doge’s Palace: The city’s 14th-century palace—once the official residence of Venice’s chief magistrate—features a massive late-Gothic gate and operates today as a museum
- Optional excursion: Take a ride on one of Venice’s legendary gondolas, accompanied by music (extra fee)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it cost to fly form an airport not listed as part of this deal?
The supplemental fee is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. For information regarding a specific departure date, please call (800) 682-3333 to speak with a Gate 1 Travel Reservation Specialist.
Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, you may extend your stay.
How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
The dates available are listed on each option.
What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers ASAP so that you do not run into this problem.
Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
Yes, each person traveling (including children) needs to purchase a voucher. Your child may stay in your room; however, there are limits as to how many people per room. Children must be 8 years old on this tour. <p>