What You Get
17 options available, including departures in November and December 2014 and January, February, and March 2015 from New York City
Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: all options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $350 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 7/1/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: airfare nonrefundable once booked. $200/person fee to cancel; 46-day notice or fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 31-day notice or fee of 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price.
- Taxes: Italian City Taxes not included.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
9-Day Vacation in Italy's Most Prominent Cities
Cruise Venice's canals, see Michelangelo's David, and visit Vatican City on this 9-day vacation in Italy's beloved metropolises. You'll navigate between Venice, Florence, and Rome by rail, but there's no set itinerary in each city, so you can explore their landmarks at your own pace. Check out some of our suggested stops below. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Plaza in Venice Mestre
- 2 nights' accommodations at Palazzo Ricasoli Hotel or Grand Hotel Mediterraneo in Florence
- 3 nights' accommodations at Hotel Villafranca in Rome
- Transportation between cities via standard rail with reserved seats
- Breakfast daily
You won't be distracted by honking car horns in the heart of Venice. Cars are off-limits here. Instead, most transportation glides down the countless canals that crisscross this city. Minutes from your Venice hotel, you can ride a gondola along the Grand Canal to see historical architecture ($56).
- See priceless works of art by Jackson Pollock, Salvador Dalí, and Pablo Picasso at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, a modern-art museum located on the Grand Canal.
- St. Mark's Square: See Venice's largest square on an optional walking tour; Casino Royale and The Italian Job were filmed here ($29).
- Head to the top of the 9th-century bell tower in the square for magnificent views of the neighboring islands and the Dolomite Mountains.
Surrounded by Tuscany's rolling green farmlands, Florence was at the heart of the Italian Renaissance; its museums and churches still display some of the world's most renowned art from that time period. Visit the Uffizi Gallery to marvel at works by Sandro Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci.
- Say it like a local: Florence in Italian is pronounced "Firenze."
- See David: Michelangelo's marble pièce de résistance is the highlight at the Galleria dell'Accademia.
- Il Duomo: The red-capped dome of Florence's main church is one of Italy's most well-known structures; see it on an optional city tour ($64).
From the Colosseum's crumbling columns to the Sistine Chapel's frescoes painted by Michelangelo, Rome is a wellspring of history and culture. You'll spend 3 nights in the Eternal City, with time to check out the Roman Forum and other ancient relics.
- Toss a coin into Trevi Fountain to help guarantee you'll visit the city again; an optional nighttime city tour will let you see the fountain looking ethereal by moonlight ($58).
- St. Peter's Basilica: This 16th-century masterpiece is the main church of Catholicism, featuring a bronze-trimmed altar, a statue of St. Peter, and a massive vaulted dome. An optional four-hour tour visits the basilica and other Vatican Museums ($70).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? Children 12 and over will need a Groupon for travel. Children under 12 may be eligible for a discount. Contact Gate 1 Travel directly for child fares 1 (800)-682-3333.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Gate 1 Travel for details.
- Promotional value expires Jul 1, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 7/1/14 or promo value expires
- 2/person, +2 as gifts
- Reservation req’d, subject to availability
- $200/person fee to cancel; 46-day notice or fee of 1/2 Groupon price; 31-day notice or fee of 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card req’d at booking/check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- $350 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters
- Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted
- Triples are not available
- Italian City Taxes not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About 9-Day Tour of Italy by Rail with Airfare
- This deal includes round-trip airfare from New York; the gateway is determined based on availability.