What You Get
- 11-day/9-night tour of Italy with airfare
35 options available, including departures in March, April, May, June, July, August, and September 2015 from New York City
- Click here to see all options and departure dates.
Note: All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $700 fee to travel solo. Read about package structures here.
Policies and Fees
For all options, book by: 12/2/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: $200 fee to cancel; 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price. Airfare nonrefundable after booking.
- Taxes: tax included
- Additional fees: Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier. Optional tours and gratuities not included.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
11-Day Tour of Italy with Airfare
Composer Giuseppe Verdi may have said it best: “You may have the universe if I may have Italy.” This 11-day tour of Italy from Gate 1 Travel will help you see why Verdi felt that way—between Como, Venice, Florence, Rome, and smaller villages along the way, you’ll see the country’s most famous sights. Float down the canals of Venice, feast in the Tuscan hills, and walk under the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling. This tour includes:
- Flight from New York to Milan, and return flight from Rome to New York; other departure cities available
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 2 nights’ accommodations in Como
- 2 nights’ accommodations in Venice
- 2 nights’ accommodations in Florence
- 3 nights’ accommodations in Rome
- Italian city hotel taxes
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 14 meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in all major cities
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Days 1–3: Flight and Como
You’ll arrive in Milan on day 2 and be whisked away to your hotel in romantic Como, famous for the gorgeously blue Lake Como. You’ll have the afternoon free to explore, then enjoy a welcome dinner with your tour manager and fellow travelers at a local restaurant before turning in. The next day, more adventures in and around Como commence.
- Flight time: about 8.5 hours from New York to Milan
- A scenic morning cruise on Lake Como will bring you to Bellagio, a picturesque town with twisting narrow streets, shops, and quaint cafés.
- Stroll through gardens and check out the manicured lawns at Villa Melzi or Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio.
Days 4–5: Verona and Venice
On the morning of day 4, the group sets out for Verona, the hometown of Romeo and Juliet. A guided tour of the city’s riches is followed by time to explore on your own. In the evening, you’ll transfer to Venice, where day 5 will be filled with the wonders of the Serenissima.
- Boat ride to Murano: On this island known for its colorful-and-intricate glassware, you’ll watch glass-working demonstrations.
- Guided Venetian walking tour: Begin at St. Mark’s Square and head across the Bridge of Sighs, stopping at the pink-marble Doge’s Palace.
- Optional: Float down the canals of Venice in a gondola, accompanied by music ($67).
Days 6–7: Tuscany and Florence
Travel through the golden countryside of Tuscany on the morning of day 6, stopping to visit a farm for a wine tasting. Then it’s off to see Pisa’s famous Leaning Tower and explore the city for a few hours before heading to Florence, which you’ll reach in the evening.
- Morning city tour of Florence: Day 7 is spent in admiration of Florence’s treasures. See Michelangelo’s David, walk to the awe-inspiring Duomo, and cross the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge, with its shops full of gold jewelry on either side.
- A lavish Tuscan dinner with unlimited wine will be served at a villa in the hills.
- Optional: Spend the afternoon exploring the Uffizi Gallery, home to priceless works of art by Giotto, Sandro Botticelli, and Leonardo da Vinci ($65).
Days 8–9: Assisi and Rome
You’ll depart Florence and venture to Assisi. The medieval town features the impressive 13th-century Basilica di San Francesco, which contains Giotto’s frescoes. Afterward, you’ll travel to Rome to see the sights of one of the world’s most historically important cities.
- Explore Rome: The afternoon is yours—try a warm slice of pizza bianca or spoonfuls of flavorful gelato while strolling the city streets. Watch out for scooters!
- Dinner and tour: The group will dine and then unwind with an illuminated tour of the city.
Days 10–11: Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and Return to United States
Day 10 is when you’ll lay eyes on the incomparable Sistine Chapel. You’ll also walk through St. Peter’s Square, see Michelangelo’s Pietà, and have the afternoon to explore or take an optional tour to more famous Roman landmarks.
- Visit the Vatican Museums to see some of the world’s best works of art and sculpture owned by the Roman Catholic church, as well as the papal throne and the museum’s famous spiral stairs.
- Optional tour: The Piazzas of Rome tour includes the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, and the Pantheon ($49).
- Flight time: about 9 hours from Rome to New York
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your stay.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All Chidren will need a Groupon voucher in order to travel. Triples are available at the time of booking.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
- Promotional value expires Dec 2, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 12/2/14 or promo value expires
- 2/person, +2 as gifts
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- $200 fee to cancel; 46-day cancellation required or fee of 50% Groupon price; 31-day or fee up to 90% Groupon price; 2-day or fee up to Groupon price
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in, 8+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking/check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Optional tours and gratuities not included
- $700 fee to travel solo
- Motor coaches are not accessible for wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Best of Italy Tour with Airfare from Gate 1 Travel
- Round-trip airfare is included from New York City; alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for an additional fee.